• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Roadside

Clayton Lofgren

I was recently at a roadside produce stand when the ice cream man arrived.
The young gal on the left was first to spot my camera, and promptly struck a pose to show off her budding body.

211275c7994743c3a3e3ebbe22c8d93f.jpg

After the ice cream was dispensed, there were lots of smiling faces.

eec3da851eea49c39281a7685699eb68.jpg

dc03593fbb0541fe86e56f29efd48859.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Clayton,

You pictures of children as always, so natural and full of joy. No one gets their hair combed or a clean shirt, LOL! BTW, what is that empty structure for? Is it going to be a home or a store? Also give us an idea of what that icecream on a stick would cost and how it relates to folk's income?

Asher

Clayton Lofgren

I had never stopped at this particular place before, so can't really say much about their plans for the building, but expect it will be dual purpose.

8b4b6ea86810431fa8fd523d4bc45446.jpg

The old boy on the left in this snap paid fifty bolivares for five ice creams. That is about a days wages here. By oficial rates it is more than twenty dollars, but by actual rates it is about eight. I must admit that I was a bit surprised by the man's generosity. Most kids in these circumstances would be pleased to get something resembling frozen Kool-aid.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So this fellow is paying the equivalent of $8-12 for each icecream, if one thinks of a worker with an 8 hour day! Yes, that's very generous indeed. Obviously the folk are dirt poor, but they probasbly don't see it that way.

Thanks for sharing these pictures. My how we take so much for granted. The State of California is broke! Still, the local city had stimulus money, the so called TARP momey and so removed pretty good asphalt and concrete gutter borders and laid down everything new! Meanwhile, there's no money for welfare and teachers are being laid off!

Asher