• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography Workshop?

Wendy Thurman

I'm due for a break in the fall. National Geographic is running a seven day workshop in Provence that I am interested in. Details are here. If anyone has attended one of these (anywhere), I'd very much appreciate reading about your experience. A week of intensive shooting coupled with critique and discussion is something I could probably benefit from.

Thanks,

Wendy

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm due for a break in the fall. National Geographic is running a seven day workshop in Provence that I am interested in. Details are here. If anyone has attended one of these (anywhere), I'd very much appreciate reading about your experience. A week of intensive shooting coupled with critique and discussion is something I could probably benefit from.

Thanks,

Wendy
Wendy,

I looked at the schedule and it's wonderful. Everyone will, no doubt have a great time. You, however, could give the course or at the very least, give your own course and people would benefit. The scenes of ancient fortifications and chapels there are great subjects. The landscape is very green and beautiful. You could take in all that for far far less than they charge! I'm not sure you will gain much beyond the warm social atmosphere and food that cannot be found in Kabul!

Cem Usakligil photographed there in the past year, I believe and he enjoyed it!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
The National Geo workshops are co-hosted with the Santa Fe Workshops. I have taken several Sana Fe Workshops (in Santa Fe) during their local National Geo workshops. They are top pick in my book for amateurs.They have a number of great assistants who help run the workshops. You would not be disappointed.

Wendy Thurman

I'm looking for an immersion sort of thing, Asher- it is a bit pricey but probably not much more than I would spend if I were on my own.

Kathy- thanks for the input!

They are running a photo expedition in Bhutan, which I would really like to do, but I can't deal with the visa issues from Afghanistan so that one will have to wait.

Wendy