• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Forgotten Sights

StuartRae

I've just been looking through a box of old photos, and came across these two, taken in the early 1920s probably with a Box Brownie. Scanning them as colour photos gave them an interesting tint.

Seed drill. My father is leading the horses.

drill.jpg

Shocking oats. In some parts of the country the pile of sheaves, leaning against each other to dry, was called a stook. In Cambridgeshire it was called a shock.
On the left is my father; in the middle is the farmer, Perce Fleet who adopted my father; and on the right is my grandmother's brother Elijah Wells.

shocking-oats.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

Charlotte Thompson

StuartRae

these are just so wonderful
I especially like the first shot
those big draft horses are so fine
thanks for sharing these!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
drill.jpg

StuartRae Seed drill: Rae Senior leading the horses

Outstanding! It's so worthwhile looking through older collections! What a treasure and I'm sure there are more. I hope you will continue with this and perhaps you can make this a special dedication to rediscovered photographic treasures from film.

Budweier could have used these majestic horses! With all the grooming, their own photogenic Clydesdales don't out class these working horses in this 1920's picture.

Asher

Ron Morse

Wonderful. Reminds me of when I was just a little kid on the farm. They used to put me on the horses back coming in from the field. The horses were so big that my legs would be as far as they could go. Great memories.