• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lake Skating

Jarmo Juntunen

Went out to town with my wife yesterday. Today, I woke up to a slight head ache. The weather seemed perfect so I decided to go out. I found out there's a 4 kms skating track on a nearby lake, so there I went.

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

Somewhere along the way...

_img1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Went out to town with my wife yesterday. Today, I woke up to a slight head ache. The weather seemed perfect so I decided to go out. I found out there's a 4 kms skating track on a nearby lake, so there I went.

_img1280.jpg

Somewhere along the way...

This picture, Jarmo, is immediately special to me as it pushes boundaries and leads me pause by it and consider. I cannot say it is "Zen" as I have no authority on Buddhism, but I do feel some force to say, "Pause here and consider!"

Having major repeats of horizontal elements had been a significant fashionable motif by an occasional photographer in major exhibitions in photography shows in Los Angeles, over the past decade. I finfmd your picture here to have that feeling but with the inserted call back to reality of that falling wall.

So, in a way, this, just to me, perhaps, is like seeing a ballon burst, a bullet shatter a pane of glass or a drip of water explode on a surface, captured by a hifmfh speed shutter.

But you interruption is done in slow measured leisurely time, as nature herself tries to reclaim dominion from us.

So to me, this is metaphorical.

So yes, I am a unrepentant romantic, always wondering about the impermanence of everything!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

You are amazing Jarmo!

Or is this a Norseman's cure for a headache, LOL?

Asher

Ha! Got it with vodka, cured it with skating. That's us, the Northern people :-D

Thank you for the following comment, by the way. Your comment becomes nearly a small essay of what to me is a nice memento. But there certainly is something special about that place, the small hut (I think it's a boat shed) just topped the view perfectly.