• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

installing PSCS3 after beta......

Michal Jesensky

John,

Thanks.
I tried it exactly as you have written but still nothing, same problem, same error:-((
(
I'll try it once again, later with several other programs, and I'll see if it helps.

Michal Jesensky

So...
A friend of mine got me a Creative Suite 3 Web premium.
I try to install it without touching the ContainerProxy.js and I got the "Component install failed" on every single program included in this pack. Then I edited the *.js file and run install again. This time I managed to get install of Dreamweaver, Flashvideo Encoder, Illustrator and Shared Components, once again PS CS3 Component Install Failed :((( Then I try to do the same thing with After Effects by changing the *.js file but also got CIF message.

And now for the part that is no longer makes me angry (I guess I have resigned already) for the components that were installed succesfully I can't get them to run. When I run the programs some sort of licence error appears saying "You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling it again."

:D

I guess one good thing came of this in that the "pain of death" warning message with the script made me research mirroring programs. I mirrored my hard drive with Acronis True Image and then tried running the script at level 1 then level 2 prior to attempting reinstall. I don't get an error message, just see a file transfer box for a while and then nothing happens.

As the last step in the Script PDF I've sent an email off to Adobe Technical Suport.

Murray

Michal Jesensky

Wow:)
Thank you for posting this. I finally get it to install and work properly. But the process I had to go through was really annoying. Complete deletion of everything that had Adobe label on it (PS, Flash player, Reader,...) everything, changing *.js file in a directory I almost didn't even know that exists, spent almost 45 minutes deleting registry files and then another half an hour installing it and praying. Pheew but it is finally working.

I'm planing to buy CS3, so I have to ask this, don't think that I want to get in to the mac-versus...

Are MacOS people having this problems or is a Windows/Vista difficulty related only?

Thanks

KrisCarnmarker

Some problems are cross-platform, some are Mac only, some are Windows only.

I would usually never suggest something like this, but I suggest finding a pirated version and see if you can install it. If you can, then go buy it. If not, then you saved yourself the hassle of trying to get a refund. The only thing you would loose by this "trial method", it the help from Adobe support, but the likelihood of Adobe support being able to get your problem resolved seems to be very low.

I would assume that the chances of it going wrong for you are quite small, but certainly a lot higher than is normal for either platform.

I'm pretty sure that you can get a trial Adobe download of PS CS#. It may not last long but the clock won't start ticking until you successfully install it.

Murray