• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher has a internet and telephone black out.

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
A tree fell on power-lines, telephone, and cable TV/modem wires. This completely blacked out asher except for his cell phone.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Will
any news from our own tree (pun intended)?
Didn't he find an Internet Caffé?
How does he resist without his daily OPF dose?

Please, if you an call him and tell him how we miss him! :)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I called him

I leave him to tell the tale but needless to say we might need to take a laptop with wireless internet connection to him....so there abouts. I think he even called the Mayor....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for all the good wishes! Cem even called from Holland and Will and Kathy from here in southern California. What comes out of this is the realization of how much we're dependent on being plugged in to the the rest of the world for electricity, communication, work and and entertainment. However, to the cable company, Time-Warner, TW, Corporation, there's no urgency, pressure or rush to fix things that fail. Why? Well they see Cable and the internet as being merely "entertainment"!

So after 10 hrs on the phone, I got the mayor's office into the act. Well the TW president's office called from Colorado and said they were dealing with it. However, here the man who turned up at our door wanted to adjust our TV! The layers of management is so bad that they still had not got the message down to the service repairmen after 30 hours! Back to the mayor's office then an apologetic executive from Time-Warner told us they would send guys with trucks!

The moral of the story is to not be vested in Cables that run through mazes of overgrown trees. :)

Asher