• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Art of Courting

I used to do a lot of drawing and doodling back when I was single, alone, bored, etc. It was almost always just a jumble of meaningless designs and bright colors drawn with felt tip pins. I think it was more therapy for me than anything else but I really enjoyed it. I had boxes and boxes of the stuff. This is that last one I ever did and it was drawn 6 years ago when I first started dating my wife. She kept it and has it on her office wall. Sentimental reasons is all I can make of it. This is a photo I took of it today.
James Newman

03-30-09.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
James,

How large is it? Had it faded? Pictures I made with felt tip pens, (admittedly several decades ago), have really lost a lot of their vibrance. I have often thought of photographing them to recover their youthful energetic colors! Your picture seems to have lost nothing so I guess you are only recently married or it was not exposed to sunlight much.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,

I used to do a lot of drawing and doodling back when I was single, alone, bored, etc. It was almost always just a jumble of meaningless designs and bright colors drawn with felt tip pins. I think it was more therapy for me than anything else but I really enjoyed it. I had boxes and boxes of the stuff. This is that last one I ever did and it was drawn 6 years ago when I first started dating my wife. She kept it and has it on her office wall. Sentimental reasons is all I can make of it. This is a photo I took of it today.

How lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best regards,

Doug

Thank you. Asher, you are correct on both counts. We are just coming up on our 4th wedding anniversary and the "poster" has not had any sunlight to speak of so the colors are still about the same as when I drew them 6 years ago. It is small at 14" x 11".
James