• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Epson P-2000 Question (Firmware Update)

Lucio Gomes

I tried to update the firmware on my P-2000 today to no avail.
I followed the instructions on the PDF file, tried using a CF and a SD
card, both 1GB, but the thing does not switch into update mode
no matter how long I hold the OK button.
Anyone updated their firmware successfully?
What am I doing wrong???

thanks

Last edited:

Lucio Gomes

Got It!!

Ok, I managed to update the firmware; now can someone tell me how to delete my posts???
I click the Edit/Delete button but it only lets me edit the post.

thanks

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lucio,

I'll check this but really this is a good point to raise. How easy is it to update firmware.

Lucio,

How did you do it in the end? Was there anything that Epson could do better in this respect?

The P-2000 is a common enough photrostorage device so others probabvly have had or will have the same issue!

I have found, sometiomes months after a problem is solved, someone else is looking for the same solution! If you add your "oh my gosh, all one needs to do is X, Y and Z" then you have, believe it or not contributed well!

Asher

Lucio Gomes

Updating the Firmware

Lucio,

I'll check this but really this is a good point to raise. How easy is it to update firmware.

Lucio,

How did you do it in the end? Was there anything that Epson could do better in this respect?

The P-2000 is a common enough photrostorage device so others probabvly have had or will have the same issue!

I have found, sometiomes months after a problem is solved, someone else is looking for the same solution! If you add your "oh my gosh, all one needs to do is X, Y and Z" then you have, believe it or not contributed well!

Asher
Asher,

The problem I was having had to do with uploading the firmware update file to a CF card.
They tell you to upload the file to your CF's root folder. I was copying the firmware folder to the
card, but didn't completely empty the card of all information, including the Canon DCIM
folder. At first I copied the firmware folder to the DCIM folder, then to the DCIM and the empty
space next to it in the CF card, but when I powered up the Epson, it would not recognize the
firmware and it just powered on as nothing happened.
I guess I didn't understand what Epson meant by "root folder."

Here's how it's done:

You have to put a CF or SD (1GB max) card in a reader, and when you open the card on your desktop,
delete everything that's in the card, empty the trash, then copy the firmware update
folder to the CF/SD card. With the AC adapter plugged into the P-2000, insert the CF
card with the unit turned off; then press and hold the OK button and slide the power switch ON.
Keep pressing the OK button; once the screen comes up, it will be all black, with info about the firmware update. You can then let go of the OK button. If it doesn't work the first time, turn the P-2000 off and start over.

hope I explained well enough. It's hard to translate/understand instructions to/from Portuguese sometimes.