• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snow and cold

In the Netherlands we are having some rather extreme weather (for us), we do sometimes have snow but it's now very extreme, but as photographers we love that

Shot today during one of our workshops, but this time we decided to go outside and leave the warm studio....

Corine_8_Januari_2010_53_v2.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Snow and cold - Model, Corine #1

Corine_8_Januari_2010_set2__33v2.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Snow and cold - Model, Corine #2

Corine_8_Januari_2010_set2__23v2.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Snow and cold - Model, Corine #3

Corine_8_Januari_2010_set2__70v2.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Snow and cold - Model, Corine #4

MvrGr.
Frank

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Frank,

I love that you are taking advantage of the snow and also keeping Corine dressed as she seem chilled anyway and you've projected that idea in the last photograph very well. I never thought I'd like a lip ring as a decoration as I'm averse to skin piercing, but here it does add.

Pictures 1 & 2 would for sure help sell the clothes!

Did you use just one light in all these? What was the setup?

Asher

Hi,
All except 4 were shot with one Elinchrom Ranger with the maxilight on it.
4 was shot with ambient light.

I also don't like piercings etc. but some do.

Asher Kelman

Corine_8_Januari_2010_set2__70v2.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Snow and cold - Model, Corine #4

So,

You have her back to the light and exposed for a face and so made the b.g. white? But this means there's not modeling of her face at all.

In the other ones, you are using the Maxilight bowl as a an accent really building the dimensionality of her face. How close do you use the Maxilight? Is that the same light you used in the Irish castle exterior with that wonderful model here!

Workshop_Cork_22_November_2008_30.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Cork, Eire Model

She has no name yet? This is one of my most favorite images!

Met vriendelijke Groeten

Asher

The background here was already very very light, she was standing in front of a frozen lake, in the shade, so when exposing for her face the background blew out quite fast.

In the others the maxilight was used at mainlight not as accent.

Asher Kelman

The background here was already very very light, she was standing in front of a frozen lake, in the shade, so when exposing for her face the background blew out quite fast.

In the others the maxilight was used at mainlight not as accent.

I was thinking that the sky was the mainlight, LOL!