Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Breaking News

Breaking News Updates, innovations, equipment: moderated!

Old December 14th, 2015, 11:24 AM

Default UK Law: Repeal of section 52 CDPA

Photographers in the UK have interesting times ahead.

The repeal of section 52 CDPA was mentioned in several places on the web (e.g. ars technica, The Digital Reader).

There is a lot of talk, there was one IMHO interesting comment on ars technica.

I am not that familiar with the law in UK, it would be interesting if UK members of this forum could shed some more light on this.

It seems to me that there is less impact on the non-commercial use, but for professional photographers and editors live will be more difficult as far as can see.

Best regards,
Michael
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:56 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

I am stunned by the stupid arrogance of the British beaurocrats! Who is driving this?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.