Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Landscape - Travel

Old April 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM

Default Back home from Malta

I spent some time on Malta, a lot of photos to process, but I share few first....

#1; "Sailing"

#2; "Sunrise ships"

#3; "Early morning clouds"

Thanks for looking, C&C more than welcome!

My gallery:
Ossi Raimi Gallery
Old April 14th, 2009, 07:34 AM

...and same pictures with white borders/frames, which one is better?

My gallery:
Ossi Raimi Gallery
Old April 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Few more ....

"two lighthouses"

and different one, minimal landscape, or detail....

"3-2-1"

Thanks for looking!

My gallery:
Ossi Raimi Gallery
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM

I much prefer without the black frame. The white frames work really well on the later images. I quite like those.
Old April 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossi Raimi View Post
...and same pictures with white borders/frames, which one is better?

Ossi,

Now this picture is light and open. It comes to life. Previously it was imprisoned in blackness. I like the position of the yacht. It works well and is enjoyable. This picture would work well in any work place as it is pleasant and non controversial. There's a market for such up beat but not distracting images. This on a white wall would be just fine with no frame. If a frame is used, that matte should be large and the frame unimportant or the gentle picture wont be able to asset its identity.

BTW, are you toning your images or using some special effect as each one seems to have a color cast?

Here Ossi you have entered into the zone of the multimillion sunset images that crowd the web. Yes, I do the same. Each time we are so moved we want to express this in a photograph. However, at best it become another cute postcard. Try to add something else that's unique to your vision. I don't blame you for trying, and this is fine but not special yet!

Here I like the capture of the cloud patterns in this sky. This is pretty dramatic. Can you straighten the horizon?

I collect such pictures. If this was mine, I'd think of using it on a picture with dull sky. This then can be a valuable resource. Never discard a picture with a good sky one can harvest!

Keep at it!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old April 15th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Thank you for comments, and especially hints!

Quote:
BTW, are you toning your images or using some special effect as each one seems to have a color cast?
No toning, a little bit "heavy processing" ... I tried to keep (how to call it?) sea fog, that blue fog, or something, exists a sunny day.... and both sunrise photos have red/yellow color cast. I guess it's normal during sunrise. Coz it was there, I didn't want remove it....
And yes, I must straighten horizon ....

My gallery:
Ossi Raimi Gallery