Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Art Theory: Idea workshop.

Art Theory: Idea workshop. Warning, not the truth here, just a venture. Examining what makes an image worthy of saving and what it does for us.

Old January 25th, 2017, 01:54 PM

Default The 12 networking truths

In *The 12 Networking Truths* Swedish artist Jonas Lund will discuss how he has attempted to subvert the contemporary art world system by using different types of exploits to gain an upper hand against the competition.

From designing an algorithm for art production to data mining art world personalities, the artist will describe how he has incorporated a classic programming mindset in an otherwise logic-free environment.

The 12 Networking Truths refers to RFC 1925 - The Twelve Networking Truths, a memo posted on the 1st of April 1996, positioned as revealing the fundamental truths underlying all network protocol designs. The truths include statements such as ‘It Has To Work.’ and ‘Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can’t have all three).’. This memo will be the underlying story line throughout the talk, as each truths has a corresponding position within the artist’s artistic practice.

https://media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8191-the...working_truths
Old January 26th, 2017, 09:39 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Hi Jerome,

You are great at finding gems! I have an avid thirst for other folks hard-won experience in battles I have to fight myself!

Am downloading the huge files to examine this on my computer.

Thanks!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 27th, 2017, 12:22 AM

Thanks for that Jerome!

flickr
website
Old January 27th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
You are great at finding gems! I have an avid thirst for other folks hard-won experience in battles I have to fight myself!
Quite frankly, the chaos computer club congress is more surprising than one would think. Maybe I should post about it, but I don't really know where to start.
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:01 PM

I viewed the video and it was quite a bit of fun, but at the same time, a little disturbing. We know that art by committee exists but sadly, knowing someone on the inside seems to be more important than anything else.. Connections, connections. Was an interesting watch.