Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Themes

Themes Post the best of your favorites in our "Themes". Brief Comments only!

Old January 12th, 2018, 12:50 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default Devoted Friends!

I was only intending to test out my new Fuji GFX and see what I could do without even looking at the manual. It fir in my hands as if it was made for me. It's superlight,just 1.7 lb. I only own the GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Lens. This is a wide-angle zoom offering a 25-51mm equivalent focal length range.

BTW, this mirrorless camera's 50MP Sony sensor also found in the wonderful Pentax 645X, the handmade Hasselblad X1D and the equally celebrated Phase One 50MP MF cameras. Like the Sony A7R, it has a supershort focal distance from the lens mount to the sensor. This allows use of almost any lens with many not showing any cut off or serious vignetting.

I met a couple of friends, both named Myriam. One an older woman and the other about 40 and really close to one another.

After photographing them on a bench as soon as I parked my 17 year old BMW and waved to them.

I was juist routinely makeing a series of overlapping shots to test stitching of shadows and trees over a winding path in the park. Then I didsocvered them coming into my picture. So I took three of that central portion and stitched the image adjusting the center portion to be able to reveal their faces from the dark shadows.I was pleased by this extra revelation, that one could recover detail and hues just sufficent to make this picture work beyond being an excercise.

Asher Kelman: Devoted Friends

Holmby Park 2018
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm f4.0
Stitched in Autopano Giga
Developed from RAW and Processed in Photoshop CC
Topaz Clarity

Notice the flare from shooting into the sun! I decided it was "part of the moment"! Enjoy and share your own photographs of "Devoted Friends" committed to actually simply spending time together!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; January 12th, 2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old January 12th, 2018, 09:05 PM

...... the first shot as I came out of my car alongside this park bench! I asked permission. They were hesitant especially the elder lady. I explained I need to test my camera and that I'd share a copy!

Asher Kelman: The Two Maryams

Holmby Park January 2018

Fuji GFX 32-63 f4.0
Single shot processed from RAW in CC 2018
No Fuji Profile availaible

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; February 4th, 2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old January 13th, 2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
...... the first shot as I came out of my car alongside this park bench! I asked permission. They were hesitant especially the elder lady. I explained I need to test my camera and that I'd share a copy!

Asher Kelman: The Two Maryams

Holmby Park January 2018

Fuji GFX 32-63 f4.0
Single shot processed from RAW in CC 2018
No Fuji Profile availaible
Hi Asher

I am envious of your large pixels... this is like a dream camera! I would love this for it's thin depth of field. I am looking forward to seeing more from you with this new tool. Fuji has recently announced free software for their products. Currently available for mac users and coming soon for the pc people.
You may be interested to check it out it has great features. (see link below)

https://www.dpreview.com/news/357652...x-50s-firmware

James

Last edited by Asher Kelman; February 4th, 2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old January 13th, 2018, 06:58 PM

I appreciate your visit and that link. I have yet to open the manual!

Don't see where the profiles are. Adobe ACR doesn't recognize my lens!

Asher

Old February 4th, 2018, 04:54 PM

This time two gentlemen chattiong by a tree ast disk!

Asher Kelman: Two gentlemen

GFX 50 S 32-64mm
32mm 1/120sec, ISO 3200
Photoshop CC from RAW
Nik Output sharpening

Enjoy and post your own "Two buddies, friends, associates or lovers!

Asher

Old February 5th, 2018, 06:52 AM

Wow mucha camera! All impressive shots. I think the first would also make for a nice image if cropped below the sun flair.
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:45 AM

Peter,

Really, does the image have to be technically free of artifacts?

Asher

Old February 5th, 2018, 04:46 PM

No I was referring to an alternative composition that I think would also be pleasing.
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dexter View Post
No I was referring to an alternative composition that I think would also be pleasing.
Well you are correct! For an exhibit, it would be best using the same ratios as the second picture with the two gentlemen!

Asher

Old February 5th, 2018, 11:58 PM

Then there are the grandparents, not just buying presents, that problem of giving the kids more "stuff". The smart folk know a simple scret. The best present is giving time, personal friendship and attention. Those little hands have a lot of trust.

The best present for the giver and the receiver too!

Asher Kelman: "Little Annie" with Grandpa

Fuji GFX 50S 32-64 mm
49mm 1/450, f18, ISO 1600
PS CC 2018
8% with B&W layer PS CC 2018
Blended with "Soft light"
No filters
No output sharpening
No noise removal

This was a delightful meeting. So happy I got permission!

Asher

Old May 16th, 2018, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
I was only intending to test out my new Fuji GFX and see what I could do without even looking at the manual. It fir in my hands as if it was made for me. It's superlight,just 1.7 lb. I only own the GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Lens. This is a wide-angle zoom offering a 25-51mm equivalent focal length range.

BTW, this mirrorless camera's 50MP Sony sensor also found in the wonderful Pentax 645X, the handmade Hasselblad X1D and the equally celebrated Phase One 50MP MF cameras. Like the Sony A7R, it has a supershort focal distance from the lens mount to the sensor. This allows use of almost any lens with many not showing any cut off or serious vignetting.

I met a couple of friends, both named Myriam. One an older woman and the other about 40 and really close to one another.

After photographing them on a bench as soon as I parked my 17 year old BMW and waved to them.

I was juist routinely makeing a series of overlapping shots to test stitching of shadows and trees over a winding path in the park. Then I didsocvered them coming into my picture. So I took three of that central portion and stitched the image adjusting the center portion to be able to reveal their faces from the dark shadows.I was pleased by this extra revelation, that one could recover detail and hues just sufficent to make this picture work beyond being an excercise.

Asher Kelman: Devoted Friends

Holmby Park 2018
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm f4.0
Stitched in Autopano Giga
Developed from RAW and Processed in Photoshop CC
Topaz Clarity

Notice the flare from shooting into the sun! I decided it was "part of the moment"! Enjoy and share your own photographs of "Devoted Friends" committed to actually simply spending time together!

Asher
The tree really adds to the 'mood' of the picture, especially the long-span ot the lower branch. As also the shadows in the front. I really like this whole composition, Asher.
Old May 16th, 2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Johnson View Post
The tree really adds to the 'mood' of the picture, especially the long-span ot the lower branch. As also the shadows in the front. I really like this whole composition, Asher.
Thanks, Reginald!

I waited patiently at that tree so that I might catch them when they reached that point. The tree seemed to me to add a concept of extended lifespan.

Asher