Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Still Photo: Approaching Fine Photography

Still Photo: Approaching Fine Photography Photography as a visual artform open to any serious picture, where classical photography is the mode of our expression. Open to all! Not curated. For works intended for clients and galleries submit to GALLERY ONE.

Old October 14th, 2018, 09:47 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default Mansplaining on the Tube

........just take in music or a news!

Asher Kelman: "Mansplaining"

Go figure!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; October 15th, 2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old October 14th, 2018, 07:22 PM

Cool street shots Asher! I especially like the candid approach.
Old October 14th, 2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lemon View Post
Cool street shots Asher! I especially like the candid approach.
Thanks!

I’ll have t check which camera I used. My current MF Fuji GafX would be so disruptive!

I hope I used a GRII or a GXR? I will have to check?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 15th, 2018, 12:23 AM

You probably mean "Manspreading".
Old October 15th, 2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Marot View Post
You probably mean "Manspreading".
Yes, that is the obvious visual description, “manspreading”!

There was a spelling error in the heading of the thread but the picture was labeled correctly.

The fellow, no doubt just feels he is being comfortable and likely has no clue that he might be invading other folks space! But also in true verbal “mansplaining”, I don’t think the guys have any insight to how offensive they might be viewed!

Asher

Old October 16th, 2018, 02:46 PM

Ha! Scrolling down the page I was taken by surprise as I was not expecting him to open up his newspaper as wide! He sure does take space and it's like he's at home. by himself. lol.

I am curious what happened to the second picture down, where parts of the newspaper have turned completely black where it says "Shake on it"and along one of the borders of the newspaper.
Old October 16th, 2018, 03:00 PM

Thanks for dropping by, Maggie: you’ve great eyes for detail - the Turks could use you as a forensic investigator, over the next few days, LOL!

Amazingly, I didn’t comment myself on the spreading of the newspaper as I was so astonished by the space he controlled with his thighs!

....and I am supposed to be a scientist, LOL!

As to the blacked out area on the newspaper, could be the use of the haze filter to optimize the face of the mansplainer. Likely as not, the Canon G10 2008, 10 stop dynamic range file is simply not robust enough for such 2cd derivative, (or the like), math!

But I will check!

Asher

Old October 16th, 2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Yes, that is the obvious visual description, “manspreading”!

There was a spelling error in the heading of the thread but the picture was labeled correctly.

The fellow, no doubt just feels he is being comfortable and likely has no clue that he might be invading other folks space! But also in true verbal “mansplaining”, I don’t think the guys have any insight to how offensive they might be viewed!

Asher
It is not my language, but:

Mansplaining requires the man to explain and
Manspreading is the practice of men sitting in public transport with legs wide apart.
Old October 16th, 2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Marot View Post
It is not my language, but:

Mansplaining requires the man to explain and
Manspreading is the practice of men sitting in public transport with legs wide apart.
Of course you are linguistically correct. I was pushing the envelope and conflating the two on purpose!

I wanted to convey much more assumption of assumed Power that is explained by Power. The power itself is the explaining voice!

Whether or not there are words to decorate such behavior, the actions or presumption of power is just as outrageous!

...and yes, I admit, that “Manspreading” would have been perfectly apt and adequate as a title and would require no justification.

Asher