Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Uptown: Explore at your risk! Beware! You hold OPF harmless by you participation! > Process, Retouch, Printing and Framing Services

Process, Retouch, Printing and Framing Services This forum is a free service for selected OPF members. Approx 12 lines per post. Combine items in one thread per member.

Old March 29th, 2013, 03:47 AM

Default A superb wedding album

I thought of sharing with you our superb wedding album which we make entirely in our lab in "Fotometria". We do share that with other photographers, but it's a limited production album, (we can only make 200 annually from which we need about 100 for our own customers) printed in fine art semi matte paper and then laminated with cold, matte lamination. The wooden cover, has real painting and the 20 60x40cm salons (40 pages of 30x40cm each) version costs 350euro (inc. VAT) (+16 euro for each additional salon up to 30).
http://www.fotometriawedding.gr/gr/page/index/11
Thanks for looking.....

Last edited by Asher Kelman; March 29th, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodoros Fotometria View Post
I thought of sharing with you our superb wedding album which we make entirely in our lab in "Fotometria". We do share that with other photographers, but it's a limited production album, (we can only make 200 annually from which we need about 100 for our own customers) printed in fine art semi matte paper and then laminated with cold, matte lamination. The wooden cover, has real painting and the 20 60x40cm salons (40 pages of 30x40cm each) version costs 350euro (inc. VAT) (+16 euro for each additional salon up to 30).
http://www.fotometriawedding.gr/gr/page/index/11
Thanks for looking.....
Theodorus,

What is a salon?

Do you have templates for the inside pages?

Can you show examples of the layouts?

Good to have inches too, as few folk in the use cm, although 10 cm is pretty well 10"!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:58 PM

Asher, 10cm is very close to 4 inches. We usually convert 5cm for 2 inches.
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Theodorus,

What is a salon?

Good to have inches too, as few folk in the use cm, although 10 cm is pretty well 10"!

Asher
Hi asher, "salon" is what we call the whole 60x40 print which is then creased into two 30x40 pages... Please correct me if I use a wrong term (don't know what the term is in English).
We don't do the design for our pro customers Asher, this is the photographer's responsibility as it should, for our own customers, I use "DG photoart" to design the pages, but we design them from scratch, we don't use any of the available templates... Also, we are not responsible for the final design, we do that,under communication with the customer, because it's his own book and IMO has to be up to his taste! To tell you the truth, I don't like the way that most of our clients prefer the presentation... I would personally prefer a much more photographic approach with less effect filters that the customers usually prefer... but as I said: "it's their book"!
The 60x40 size is equal to 16x24 inches, we use fine art semi-matte paper for the prints, which we then laminate with matte cold photographic lamination, the cover is all handmade with wood which is then painted by one of the artists I do art reproduction for... the cost for the package is 350 Euros (inc.VAT) for 20 salons (40 pages), plus 15 euros for each additional salon... I think the quality of it is amazing... absolute top, it can be a real weapon in the hands of a good photographer to gain customers!

Thanks for asking Asher, the ones that are interest can contact us using the "contact" information in our sites.
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Theodorus,

What is a salon?

Asher
I have already replied on the above... but it seems that my answer has vanished! ...can somebody please look into his computer and draw it back to life?
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM

I am glad to inform people in this forum that we have completed the development of our new book alternatively to the above mentioned one!
This new book, is ENTIRELY PRINTED ON 350gr. double varnished FINE ART CANVAS... I will be posting pictures the following days after we will have the prototype's pictures loaded on our website. Thanks, Theodoros.
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM

Sorry for the delay, but I think the result will please many... This album will be made in 35x35, 30x40 and 40x40cm (2.5cm=1inch). It can either be double varnished or not, the double varnished version (much more expensive) pages will resist water... We use different printing profiles for the double varnished version than the non varnished one (although the canvas is the same 350gr fine art type) to ensure the same tones/contrast presentation, the profiles are the same absolute profiles that we use to print art reproduction in which we specialize in our studio.

Old November 21st, 2015, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Theodoros, some links don't work and the images... I just can't see them...
Thank you !
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder