Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Darkroom > Retouching & Repairing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 5th, 2006, 02:33 AM

Default "Optimize This: Bar Portrait"

Per Scott's request, here is the image from the "Field Portraits" thread. Here's the raw file. Note that it's a .tif so if clicking on the link just opens the thumbnail, try right-clicking then "save target as". Please notate the copyright.

Here's the quick C1 b/w version I did for the other thread, but don't feel restricted to b/w - I have printed a quite nice color version also. Aside from the high ISO, the shot is underexposed. Original background description below image.

After a long six hour studio shoot we all retreated to the lounge at a local hotel and partied til after midnight when this shot was taken. This is one of the models and the owner of the studio - I was sitting at another stool down the L shaped bar (drinking about my 10th beer). Lighting was actually very low - I took this with my 1D, ISO 1600 (and the noise shows), 1/60, f2.8, 70mm. Even so I had to pull another stop or more in CaptureOne. Processed b/w in C1 using the b/w-yellow filter profile.

- DL

Last edited by Asher Kelman; October 5th, 2006 at 01:14 PM.