Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Landscape - Travel

Old October 11th, 2018, 10:09 AM

Default Enchanted Forest in Autumn

(with Meopta f1.0 / 50mm projection lens)
Old October 11th, 2018, 02:41 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

These are all magical and, as you say, enchanted. The first one is particularly atmospheric and mysterious.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 11th, 2018, 08:08 PM

I am impressed with this meopta projection lens!

I miss such a scene, with a blanket of golden leaves. Here in Beverly Hills, we can get this once in 6-6 years. We need a spell of cold I guess, before autumn arrives.

Your picture reminds me of fall in Central spark in New York, where they also have impressive broad branched trees on security duty!

Would not think this was a projection lens!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 11th, 2018, 09:06 PM

Thanks Asher! The four seasons here are close to my heart, I like how nature glows in summer, explodes in so many colors in our golden autumns, decays in winter and goes to a cold sleep, them explodesd agains in fresh and young green in spring. So wonderful to see every year...I would not want to miss this...

Yes indeed it is a very special and very fast (f1.0) projection lens. which has been mechanically modified to be able to be used as ataking lens, as its back focua is very short, so some "surgery" was needed.
Old October 11th, 2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Klaus Schmitt View Post
Thanks Asher! The four seasons here are close to my heart, I like how nature glows in summer, explodes in so many colors in our golden autumns, decays in winter and goes to a cold sleep, them explodesd agains in fresh and young green in spring. So wonderful to see every year...I would not want to miss this...

Yes indeed it is a very special and very fast (f1.0) projection lens. which has been mechanically modified to be able to be used as ataking lens, as its back focua is very short, so some "surgery" was needed.

Ahah! Well Klaus, you have my attention. Surgery interests me very much!

Asher

Old October 12th, 2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Ahah! Well Klaus, you have my attention. Surgery interests me very much!

Asher
hi hi, my mechanic took out the rear lens group, shortened the barrel and then re-inserted that group again and fixed it. Now it works up to infinity!! And he did not even have to Xray it....
Old October 12th, 2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Klaus Schmitt View Post
hi hi, my mechanic took out the rear lens group, shortened the barrel and then re-inserted that group again and fixed it. Now it works up to infinity!! And he did not even have to Xray it....

Brilliant!

Took me a second to realize the X-Ray was a joke related to surgery on humans! (I donít think that journalist in Istanbul was X-rayed either)! Did you define the required final tube length? Whatís the math?

Did you find a detailed description of the focal lengths of the rear elements?

Asher

Old October 12th, 2018, 01:35 PM

Like these for their almost enchanting look n feel. Want to wander in them woods!
Old October 13th, 2018, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Brilliant!

Took me a second to realize the X-Ray was a joke related to surgery on humans! (I donít think that journalist in Istanbul was X-rayed either)! Did you define the required final tube length? Whatís the math?

Did you find a detailed description of the focal lengths of the rear elements?

Asher
No joke, I was referring to a famous Radiologist and now an aquaintance of mine in Austria, who has done Xrays of lenses and cameras which was used by Westlicht Auction house at times, to find out about internal construction details without damaging the object...

My mechanic did that for me, I made the focus and camera adaption using a small helicoid.
Old October 15th, 2018, 10:13 PM

Such beautiful images. I loved all the images.
Old October 15th, 2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karishma Boghawala View Post
Such beautiful images. I loved all the images.
Karishima,

You came to a great place to start getting to know folk here. It's unusual, at least here, for us to see the artistic work of Dr. Karl Schmitt, a biological scientist interested in light perception especially in insects and also renowned foreign he keeper and source of some of the most unique repurposed lenses o nhe planet.

Occasional, as in this thread, we get treated to the purely art-nature lover side of his work and its always treat!

If you fall in love with some lens effect, he mihg have one to sell or will either find it for you or recommend whats available. Amazingly, a fabulous lens could cost $30, $299 or even 20 times or more! You will have no idea just from the pictures! It's often a matter of how many were made and when Klaus last write about that particular glass!

Asher

Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

Thanks guys, yours Klaus, a guy who loves biology and nature, but with a Phd in El. Engineering ;-)