Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Darkroom > Image Processing and Workflow

Image Processing and Workflow RAW, DNG , TIFF and JPG. From Capture to Ready for Publish/Display. All software and techniques used within an image workflow, (except extensive retouching and repair or DAM).

Old June 1st, 2006, 10:41 PM

Default RSP produces wierd .jpegs???

HI everyone,
I use RSP to convert my RAW files to jpeg and have purchased Extensis Portfolio to catalouge them. Unfortunately the .jpg's RSP produces don't work in portfolio, so the image catalogs but it does not have a thumbnail. I e-mailed portfolio and they seem to think that RSP produces funny .jpg that do not meet the standards for meta data. Anyway I thought you might find this interesting and if you know anything more I would like to know. the only way to get around it at the moment is to resave the files in photoshop.. such a pain! So it seems RSP does something funny when it makes jpegs?
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:24 AM
OPF Administrator/Moderator

If Extensis, simply tells us the problem with the JPEG, in their opinion, then we can fix it. Many other catalogs have no issue with RSP JPEGs. Happy to help get to the bottom, but need specifics of what is wrong. Only Extensis can tell us..
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:32 AM

oh why thank you! PM me and give me your e-mail address and I will get some correspondance to you. I appreciate your help - I really love your program. You know if your interested I bet alot of people would really go for your RAW workflow if it was also a RAW and jpeg cataloging program :-) I think your workflow is the best out there and if it cataloged ... Well! It would be awesome! But thanks again for a great product.