Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Themes

Themes Post the best of your favorites in our "Themes". Brief Comments only!

Old September 2nd, 2017, 11:30 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Michael,

I couldn't find any "Traces of ultra-violence" movie! But there is a lot of sick stuff I never knew about!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old September 4th, 2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Michael,

I couldn't find any "Traces of ultra-violence" movie! But there is a lot of sick stuff I never knew about!

Asher
Asher,

I was referring to a quote in the movie 'Clockwork Orange'. It is the fourth on the list here.

The small sticker - or better the rest of it - shows the face of Alex.

Does this help?

Best regards,
Michael
Old September 5th, 2017, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nagel View Post
Asher,

I was referring to a quote in the movie 'Clockwork Orange'. It is the fourth on the list here.

The small sticker - or better the rest of it - shows the face of Alex.

Does this help?

Best regards,
Michael
Yes, that makes sense now. The writings I discovered often referred to "Cleckwork Orange" before veering off into the vulgar and weird of edgy anime and comic characters.

Now I will check your helpful link. Thanks for the education!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old September 12th, 2017, 12:18 PM

John Doe added some work not so long ago:

The last one differs from the first three.

Best regards
Michael
Old December 29th, 2017, 06:44 PM

I have wanted for so long to repair the icnic orignal post for this wonderful thread. Finally today I rediscovered the picture and repaired the link!

Cedric Massoulier: Road Art]

I feel better!

A good omen for 2018!

I have also reached out to Cedric and I hope others do too!

Asher

Old January 25th, 2018, 12:22 PM

A dragon from last year - I like the likeness to the mathematical symbol for infinity.

Best regards
Michael
Old January 25th, 2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
For those interested who are in Munich or plan to travel there until mid/end of October, works from Blek le Rat (like the above one) and other artists can be seen as a part of the Magic City exhibition. The exhibition will move to Stockholm on 1st of November.

Best regards,
Michael
I recommend Munich as a fine place to visit. It is packed with fine Universities, Technical Schools, old and new architecture and great beer gardens. My favorite visits are Pinakotheke (Alte Pinakothek, Neue Pinakothek, Pinakothek de Moderne). but these are just the beginning. There's the BMW Museum, Dacheu and much more.

Asher

Old July 17th, 2018, 11:36 AM

This is an homage to an important but also controversial thinker/activist/ideologue - Mikhail Bakunin.

I like the use of the structure of the bridge to achieve the desired impact.

Best regards
Michael
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
This is an homage to an important but also controversial thinker/activist/ideologue - Mikhail Bakunin.

I like the use of the structure of the bridge to achieve the desired impact.

Best regards
Michael

Michael,

This was commissioned or just street art by someone’s own volition?

I am so impressed with how well it regains the space for nature!

Asher

Old July 17th, 2018, 05:04 PM

I looked up Bakunin, Michael. How does the picture pay homage to his political ideology.

I do like the quote:

“While Bakunin rebuked Nechayev upon discovery of his duplicity as well as his amoral politics, he did retain a streak of ruthlessness, as indicated by a 2 June 1870 letter: "Lies, cunning [and] entanglement [are] a necessary and marvelous means for demoralising and destroying the enemy, though certainly not a useful means of obtaining and attracting new friends."[7

It totally makes me think that this is what Putin and Trump have in common.

So, was Steve Bannon Trump’s Anarchist guru?

It certainly seems that Trump and Putin would fit together as Autocratic dictators who excelled at lies and manipulation to control democracies they hate!

Asher

Old July 21st, 2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
This was commissioned or just street art by someone’s own volition?
The work is signed with several pseudonyms. I did not find any 'commissioned by..' or anything like that...
The works are tolerated here.

Quote:
I looked up Bakunin, Michael. How does the picture pay homage to his political ideology.
Bakunins work and influence is widespread. I do not claim that I know all and I think that looking up his work in a brief glimpse would not be enough to gain even a superficial view of his writings.

The title of the picture references to a quote and from what I could gather it seems to be this one:
"I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free. The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary, its necessary premise and confirmation."

Quote:
I do like the quote:

“While Bakunin rebuked Nechayev upon discovery of his duplicity as well as his amoral politics, he did retain a streak of ruthlessness, as indicated by a 2 June 1870 letter: "Lies, cunning [and] entanglement [are] a necessary and marvelous means for demoralising and destroying the enemy, though certainly not a useful means of obtaining and attracting new friends."
The picture of an eagle, the title points to freedom and you choose the above and single it out as interesting.

From my point of view your choice is intriguing...

Best regards
Michael