Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Still Photo: Approaching Fine Photography

Still Photo: Approaching Fine Photography Photography as a visual artform open to any serious picture, where classical photography is the mode of our expression. Open to all! Not curated. For works intended for clients and galleries submit to GALLERY ONE.

Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:00 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default Flowers for a Muse II

Well, here is the second image for your pleasure!

I still have kept the sunlight breaking into the frame, but not as harsh. Note the fruit bowl is moved to the side, appear separately.

Asher Kelman: Muse By The Window II

Fuji GFX, 32-64mm
1/300, F22, ISO 1600
Processed Photoshop CC 2018
From a Single RAW File

Quips, feedback and comments....and praise welcome!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; January 30th, 2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:23 PM

The tall narrow up-to-the-ceiling Windows, I designed and installed to replace 30 year old small glass blocks near the ceiling, so as to allow morning Southern light to flood the kitchen, exactly for pictures like this!

The counter is a Corian, a polymer substitute for real stone and acid resistant.

The shading behind the glass is the alarm screening!

The fruit changes as I munch, but a bowl is always there!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:00 PM

Hi, Asher,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Well, here is the second image for your pleasure!

I still have kept the sunlight breaking into the frame, but not as harsh. Note the fruit is spearate.
Meaning, I suppose, "having the form of a spear."

Quote:

Asher Kelman: Muse By The Window II

Fuji GFX, 32-64mm
1/300, F22, ISO 1600
Processed Photoshop CC 2018
From a Single RAW File
A really nice work, and I do like it better than the first one (which if course has by now disappeared, so later readers of the comptes rendus will have no idea what I am talking about).

Best regards,

Doug
Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Kerr View Post
Hi,

A really nice work, and I do like it better than the first one (which if course has by now disappeared, so later readers of the comptes rendus will have no idea what I am talking about).

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks for the visit! As to the first iteration, it's still present here as it was yesterday!

It is an New work on it's own and deserved its own place!

Asher

Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:29 PM

Doug,

It turns out that, even though I personally designed those new windows, I did not have space between it and the working counter, to move around freely.....and it's in the way!

It's one of the practical limitations of making the design to fit a modern kitchen, rather than cater to my considerations for freedom of camera position for photography. At least I got to have the new tall windows, I had dreamed of for so many years, to make that counter a naturally lit space for shooting flowers and models!

There's such a steep angles of the light beams entering the room and back-illuminating the flowers. So I have to crouch low frame this picture, (if I want the morning sun, itself to build the lighting).

This results in a severely perspective-distorted image with converging parallel lines. These are corrected in Photoshop CC and the image rotated to have the water level. Then, the actual light levels of each component of the image must be adjusted so everything appears normally lit and modeled without completely black shadows or specular heighlights on fruit of the counter.

In the studio, if I had a backlit setup with a free standing window, (what a great idea), I could make such a shot, after hours of planning for the first shot) in 10 seconds flat, every time.

Asher

Old January 23rd, 2018, 07:56 PM

Hi, Asher,

Quote:
Thanks for the visit! As to the first iteration, it's still present here as it was yesterday!
Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention.

Quote:
It is an New work on it's own and deserved its own place!
Of course!

Quote:
Doug,

It turns out that, even though I personally designed those new windows, I did not have space between it and the working counter, to move around freely.....and it's in the way!

It's one of the practical limitations of making the design to fit a modern kitchen, rather than cater to my considerations for freedom of camera position for photography. At least I got to have the new tall windows, I had dreamed of for so many years, to make that counter a naturally lit space for shooting flowers and models!

There's such a steep angles of the light beams entering the room and back-illuminating the flowers. So I have to crouch low frame this picture, (if I want the morning sun, itself to build the lighting).

This results in a severely perspective-distorted image with converging parallel lines. These are corrected in Photoshop CC and the image rotated to have the water level. Then, the actual light levels of each component of the image must be adjusted so everything appears normally lit and modeled without completely black shadows or specular heighlights on fruit of the counter.

In the studio, if I had a backlit setup with a free standing window, (what a great idea), I could make such a shot, after hours of planning for the first shot) in 10 seconds flat, every time.
Of course.

Best regards,

Doug
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:57 PM

I really like the way you have captured the shot. It works great!
Old January 23rd, 2018, 11:05 PM

Thanks Roshni!

Asher