Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Photography Discussions > Portrait in Natural Light Especially!

Old January 9th, 2019, 07:15 AM

Default The people of Bhutan..a few images.

Old January 9th, 2019, 02:39 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

A beautiful start, Fahim!

So how much walking did you manage?

Can one drive around instead?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 9th, 2019, 04:01 PM

A lovely portrait Fahim.
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:22 AM

Asher, Peter..thank you guys. How you keeping Peter? Still in the South?

Ayesha is the one who went there, Asher. These images belong to her. She trekked from around 2200 mts to about 5200 mts.

Cars and buses are to be found here and there. But one really needs to trek, to see the splendor of this place.

To answer your question in another thread, most westerners are generally youngish, physically fit. And importantly, Bhutan has a very strict( and relatively expensive ) tourist policy and quotas. So, generally one does not see too many tourists.

Ayesha did not encounter any westerners during her trip.

Old January 10th, 2019, 02:44 AM

[QUOTE=fahim mohammed;189027]Asher, Peter..thank you guys. How you keeping Peter? Still in the South?

Ayesha is the one who went there, Asher. These images belong to her. She trekked from around 2200 mts to about 5200 mts.

Cars and buses are to be found here and there. But one really needs to trek, to see the splendor of this place.

To answer your question in another thread, most westerners are generally youngish, physically fit. And importantly, Bhutan has a very strict( and relatively expensive ) tourist policy and quotas. So, generally one does not see too many tourists.

Ayesha did not encounter any westerners during her trip.[/url]

Did she look in the mirror?

If she’s not a Westerner then neither am I!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:21 AM

Here's looking at you, Asher!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Did she look in the mirror?
If she’s not a Westerner then neither am I!

Asher
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:12 AM

Fortunate to have that blanket with the fabulous curves. The contrast between the two faces is perfect. That blurry dog in the bg adds atmosphere.

This is a perfect exhibition pictures!

Asher

Old January 11th, 2019, 08:32 AM

Thank you Asher; for your encouraging responses.

The last one, in this set.

A family from the wonderful and magical world of Bhutan...

Best wishes for a happy, safe, prosperous new year 2019 to you all.

Ayesha.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:01 AM

Fahim,

Have you figured out if there are rules, codes, colors or “styles” of the prayer flags I see hanging everywhere?

Are they all memorials for lost ones, saints, for certain festivals or just decorations?

Asher

Old January 11th, 2019, 10:59 AM

Hello Asher.

More info in the link below.
Cheers.

Prayer Flags

Overlooking the capital, Thimphu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Fahim,

Have you figured out if there are rules, codes, colors or “styles” of the prayer flags I see hanging everywhere?

Are they all memorials for lost ones, saints, for certain festivals or just decorations?

Asher
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:11 PM

Thanks, Fahim!

It’s fascinating and to me far better than adding more idols, saints to worship or sacrifices. The cost is within the reach of even the poor and the mood elevation is free of charge for everyone to use!

I like these ideas as they promote positive uplifting thoughts.

Now then, why don’t they work in Myanmar?

....sorry that’s my obsession! Forgive my mind drifting. We have all the wisdom and training in compassion and goodwill. A gap exists, however between our lofty sentiment and what we do when we have unlimited power!

You both know what I mean!

Asher