Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > Lenses: DSLR and Rangefinder, MF adaptions to 35mm such Zoerk

Old August 22nd, 2015, 09:08 PM

Default ernst leitz wetzlar summar F2 - mountain flowers

Decided to trek up a trail path ( Chautauqua Trailhead ) while in Co two weeks ago. All I brought with was my recently purchased 1930's ernst leitz wetziar summar on my Fuji X-E2.

Old August 23rd, 2015, 01:45 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

The flowers are fascinating but so is this venerable Wetzler lens. Can you give us more specifics and why you went do this lens choice. Also, have you considered a helical mount to allow macro shots too?

They had a 1:1 extension tube for the 50 mm 2.0 Lens. Is that focal length you're using as there are 24mm, 42mm and 120mm Summar lenses from this 1930's time period?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
The flowers are fascinating but so is this venerable Wetzler lens. Can you give us more specifics and why you went do this lens choice. Also, have you considered a helical mount to allow macro shots too?

They had a 1:1 extension tube for the 50 mm 2.0 Lens. Is that focal length you're using as there are 24mm, 42mm and 120mm Summar lenses from this 1930's time period?

Asher

This is a 50mm and something about the look of the shots.

It's a m39 mount. Thus I have tube and they should work. Any info on be mount your referring to?
Old August 23rd, 2015, 03:04 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Hi Roger,

I thought it was the 50mm, although the seemingly wide angle scene you shot, made it appear to be a wider lens. I guess you were closer to the ground?

I have an adapter for Leica M lenses with a helical adjustment for close focus, which is very useful. I think you can find one for the 39 my screw mount too.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.