Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > New Pro-Class Compact GR Ricoh Experience(s)

New Pro-Class Compact GR Ricoh Experience(s) A forum where pro and amateurs can share and discuss their experience(s) with the Ricoh GR

Old October 26th, 2013, 03:54 AM

Default Charlie, A Portrait @ 3-1/2yrs

Another reason why I love this camera so much is because of it's F2.8 lens. For a wide angle lens it does a great job in shooting portraits...and it's tack sharp at f2.8.

Charlie, A Portrait @ 3-1/2yrs - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR - ISO400/ f2.8/ 1/1000sec. +03exp. 1:1 format
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/ "In fact I don't believe there is such a thing as a definitive picture of something. The land is a living, breathing thing and light changes its character every second of every day." - Fay Godwin "All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
Old October 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Abbott View Post
Another reason why I love this camera so much is because of it's F2.8 lens. For a wide angle lens it does a great job in shooting portraits...and it's tack sharp at f2.8.

Paul, a wonderful kid and a lovely portrait. I am also pleasantly surprised that the 28mm could take portraits this close without ungainly distortion.

Best.
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:53 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Abbott View Post

Paul,

He's wonderful and this camera catches him well. People forget how the Canon 15 mm fisheye can be so kind to folk in the center 2/3 of the picture. Wide angle doesn't have to scare us!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.