Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Breaking News

Breaking News Updates, innovations, equipment: moderated!

Old November 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM

Default Is this the way for Canon, Nikon to go?

This is an image from a simple 3MP camera (my first digital, Nikon E880). Nothing special here, so why post it? Ans: To just establish context for my next camera, another 3MP costing $30K.

I see no mention of it here**, so thought I would post a couple of links: see below my snap

First Link

Second Link

PS... just joking about getting one, of course....

(edit **) Just found another thread, sorry, careless of me. Never mind, ay?
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It's easier to make your own. Buy 5 $40 cameras, arrange them in a square and get software from one of the many papers published and you will be able to the same thing for $200.

The wiggle arm for holding extra stuff, however, is amazing.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:13 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It's easier to make your own. Buy 5 or more $40 cameras, arrange them in a square and get software from one of the many papers published and you will be able to the same thing for $200.

Add that Manfrotto wiggle arm for holding extra stuff, and the BMW! Now you have pleinoptic nirvana and and mobility for the same $30,000.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.