Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Breaking News

Breaking News Updates, innovations, equipment: moderated!

Old March 27th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Default Watch out! Visit the exhibition in video!

For those who cannot cross the bond or even the channel, we've shot a video, visiting the BANGLADESH! exhibition.
But don't count on it to examine the prints ! you'll have to come for that : °)

Just the place and atmosphere…

Watch the video
Old March 28th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Administrator/Moderator

I forgot that continental Europeans do not have to cross any water… just borders… c'mon guys you're welcome!
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:44 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Claris View Post
For those who cannot cross the bond or even the channel, we've shot a video, visiting the BANGLADESH! exhibition.
But don't count on it to examine the prints ! you'll have to come for that : °)

Just the place and atmosphere…

Watch the video
Everyone,

This is a very special opportunity, especially for Europeans to actually visit and enjoy a wonderful exhibition. It is really a large scale demonstration of the beautiful still and video work of you and Romain! I wish the video would also have an English translation for our language challenged brothers and sisters! However, all of us, wherever we live could consider the possibility of being able to contribute by buying one of nicolas' prints or a book of the Whatever Exhibitions.

This scene from the video really is important to consider.

Just to think that 17% of the Bangladesh land is subject to being underwater in the next decades due to global warming. This is so tragic, especially because the poorest folk are massed together in these lowlands and are going to be forced to evacuate. It has started already. These folk in Bangladesh have only contributed less than 0.02% of pollution yet bear the brunt of the punishing consequences of our arrogant use of energy.

Not all of us can find the means to help. however, the whatever project is brilliant in setting up the ability for locally grown jute fiber to be made into fishing boats! We cannot save an entire nation, but we can impact thousands of families by supporting the whatever project and buy art.

Everyone who can, try to put aside, if this is something you can afford, and consider buying some beautiful artwork from the Whatever Project. I have my wonderful print already and it's a joy to our home and at the same time is supportive of folk becoming independent in a sustainable community industry.

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Bonjour Asher
thank you a lot for the Bangladeshi people!
Your post will certainly help, at least for them to be known…

Of course there is an English subtitle version!
Get there and scroll to the second Item: http://www.claris-video.com/video_annonce_uk.php

And of course the long version does also exist with English subtitles, but the long version is reserved for those who buy the video!

This film has been selected as the only documentary at the Festival international Les Toiles de Mer, Will be shown next Saturday.