• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A student asked me for advice!

new CANON REBEL XTI

Dear friends,

A friend ahowed me his Rebel XTI with a 28-135mm IS.

I have to say that the shutter makes a funny sound I've never heard before. It sound like slicing the metal with a plastic knife.

Still, it works great, is cheap and lightweight and I would suggest it for all that have amateur or semi proffesional needs.

Nemanja

Last edited by a moderator:

Alain Briot

pro member
The Rebel, in its different iterations, has always been a great value if one doesn't mind the plastic body and slower LCD display. It offers perhaps the best price/performance ratio in the Canon DSLR lineup. As Nemanja says it is highly recommended as an introductory digital camera if you like Canon cameras.

Last edited by a moderator: