• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hmmm...what to do??

Aly Stalboerger

I have been looking at the 40D, drooling, would be more like it. But the price tag for me is a little high since I just had to drop some money on a new iMac, and both my laptops died so I now need to get a replacement for on location. It never stops I tell you....

Here is my big question...

For those of you who have been fortunate enough to experience the 40D in person....is there justification in the price tag? VS the 30D?? I am pretty aware of the differences between the two, but I would like to hear from those who have shot with both....

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Enough

I am going to need a second body soon and I was undecided about the Mark III and a replacement for the 5D when it comes out in the next round of new cameras. The 40d is a contender although I do like full frame...

Aly Stalboerger

Good to know...that is what I needed to hear from someone who has been there...

Off to shop!!!:) Thanks Nik!!

And Kathy, when I was shooting analog...I had two or three bodies going at one time. Two FEs with two lenses set up and ready to go at any given moment. Same with my FM2 and AE1 etc.... Very, very handy!! Good luck to you...:)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
The 6D maybe

Nik,

I am thinking of the 40d more for backup work and to keep in my new studio so I can keep the 5 at home - ready to go with me on location. Not to double shoot. I like that it's cost is reasonable. Otherwise, I might wait, get the next version of FF or even the Mark 3.

All depends on how well I do out there marketing my new studio in the next few months...