Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Breaking News

Breaking News Updates, innovations, equipment: moderated!

Old October 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
pro member

Default Back from PHOTOPLUS

I went to the event this today and I want to write and post images about it.

I did't see anything new and surpricing but could tell that Nikon and Canon are big and alive with the good competition they have among the two. I got a D3 pin that I will put on my camera vest as a symbol of the things to com from Nikon.

I saw the promotion of Mamiya digital back and the fantastic 28mm.

Ok, I will write some more, but a question first. Anyone here was there?
Old October 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Leonardo,

We're lucky to have a representative!

Did you see prints from the Mamiya back? Did they show the sinar Hy6 or the equivalent Leaf version and any output?

Were there scanners, or do they consider film is not worth bothering with?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.

Last edited by Asher Kelman; October 19th, 2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:06 PM

Hi Leonardo,
I'm interested to hear about the Hy6 and the new epson 4880 and canon 5100 printers if you had a chance to see any of those.
Thanks,
Eric
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:47 PM
pro member

Asher,

Impossible to see all and ask all questions, I only spent the afternoon. I wish I had more time, but yes, there where lots of Hy6 in Rollei, Sinar and Leaf, I only asked the Leaf people and they said January as when this will come. "what about the Sinar"? bu of course they had nothing to do with that, so it will be more of a competition system than an open one.

I spent more time at Mamiya where I gathered some off the record information. The Mamiya Rep. said that "the ZD is not at the pro level of Mamiya, so we are not bringing it to the US market just yet". That the owner was like the Google of Japan and his company will write the programs for Mamiya for free. So in other words, the where lost but now they have a perfect partner.

The Back was advertised at $6999. I looked trough one of this 28mm and it is a really clean, almost no distortion lens, big and expensive, but probably top of its field.

http://leonardobarreto.com/zBlog.html

THAT IS THE BLOG WITH THE IMAGES. SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING, BUT WANTED TO PUT THIS UP FAST, I WILL CORRECT TOMORROW.