• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

1DsMKIII photos from todays shoot

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
012K0418PSac.jpg

012K0441PSac.jpg

012K0450PSac.jpg

012K0453PSac.jpg

Paul Caldwell

Question On Pelican in flight

Will, on the screen, the pelican has a strange halo effect around it in the blue of the sky. It may just be my screen. Just curious if that was a crop and if so how much.

Wonderful color especially with the sun backlighting.

Paul Caldwell

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Will, on the screen, the pelican has a strange halo effect around it in the blue of the sky. It may just be my screen. Just curious if that was a crop and if so how much.

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is over sharpening. Unfortunately, Will does not own anything longer than a 300mm lens and used a 2x with it obviously degrading the picture. Then, after this, the bird was just a small patch in the frame. So when enlarged it needed sharpening to get a picture.

Will,

I like the white "egrets in flight. You missed posting one I really like the most.

I'm hoping that Bart, your companion will share the results with his 600mm lens!

The colors are wonderful. Makes me want a 600 mm lens.

I wonder how the Bigma would do?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is over sharpening. Unfortunately, Will does not own anything longer than a 300mm lens and used a 2x with it obviously degrading the picture. Then, after this, the bird was just a small patch in the frame. So when enlarged it needed sharpening to get a picture.

Will,

The color in the very first post is rustic and I love it! That guy look wise but rabbits, pigeons and fish watch out as this heron is really a hungry raptor!

I like the white "egrets in flight. You missed posting one I really like the most.

I'm hoping that Bart, your companion, will share the results with his 600mm lens!

The colors are wonderful. Makes me want a 600 mm lens.

I wonder how the Bigma would do?

Asher