• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hot Bridge

David Sommars

thorfrinightIMG_hotbridge0017-01-11-2008.jpg

Ray West

Hi David,

It seems everyone is going through a yellow/red/orange phase - I wonder why?
I think I would make the vertical lines vertical, correct the lens/perspective distortion, maybe crop it differently, perhaps try and tone down the bottom area under the the bridge - but then, that's me, not you. If you are happy with it, then fine.

Best wishes,

Ray

David Sommars

thanks !

Ray, I looked at other crops, for some reason the fence on the bottom makes it hard to do any other

way unless I lose the space on the bottom which I dont want to,.... I know what your saying !
the colors - I took this about 4 months ago , not a phase. Almost everything I shoot is either orange/yellow or blue/yellow or green/yellow I shoot only night photography for art. That pretty much the gamut you see @ night due to the street lights.

Thanks for looking !

Doug Kerr

Hi, David,

A lovely work.

For me it is very evocative of my years growing up in Cleveland and my recollection of "The Flats" (the industrial valley area near the mouth of the Cuyahoga River).