• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Wondering about the Fall

Abhijit Biswas

Sometimes all this colorful beauty of fall tells me that something is not going to be there for too long. Though I does not make me feel sad. But I do feel emotional... just sometimes!

_MG_6989_01_800.jpg

Regards,
Abhijit
http://www.exposurebits.com

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, Abhijit, fall is peeking in right now.

I love the colors, her playful attitude and the idea of testing the waters of fall is delightful. I'd like to see either more or less of the dress. The top inch might be removed to add strength and definition to the composition. Tell us how you came into this picture and the ripplets.

I have, with your permission edited the picture.

_MG_6989_01_800_AKcrop.jpg

Abhijit Biswas: Fall Edited AK with permission

My version is an attempt to make her pondering more personal to her and less of a picture for a magazine page. Just a variance I though I'd offer.

Asher

Abhijit Biswas

I love the colors, her playful attitude and the idea of testing the waters of fall is delightful. I'd like to see either more or less of the dress. The top inch might be removed to add strength and definition to the composition. Tell us how you came into this picture and the ripplets.

Asher

Thanks, Asher, for your thoughts. This is a conceptual work in progress. I noted the points you suggested.

This is a composit of 2 images. The mood is about what I feel about fall or sunset from time to time. I did a composit about sunset some 2 years ago and I wanted to do a similar one about fall. I wanted to have real reflection of the model and thought of going little low key to have the mood I want. The ripple effect is achieved through the Redfield "Water Ripples" filter in PS. Played a bit to get the effect I wanted.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Abhijit Biswas

I like it, Asher. It has a different feel to it. You are right, she is more personal here.

I have, with your permission edited the picture.

_MG_6989_01_800_AKcrop.jpg

Abhijit Biswas: Fall Edited AK with permission

My version is an attempt to make her pondering more personal to her and less of a picture for a magazine page. Just a variance I though I'd offer.

Asher

Hi,

Very strong picture here, these colors take away our mind to a psychedelic world... Indeed, Asher's version is more personnal, as fist version focuses on geometrical forms.
We can see this woman thinking and the troubled water reflects her ideas. But these ideas are not bas, as colors are warm... Maybe a kind of dream ?

Cedric.

Abhijit Biswas

Hi Cedric,

Thanks for your nice words. Glad you like.

Thanks,
Abhijit

Hi,

Very strong picture here, these colors take away our mind to a psychedelic world... Indeed, Asher's version is more personnal, as fist version focuses on geometrical forms.
We can see this woman thinking and the troubled water reflects her ideas. But these ideas are not bas, as colors are warm... Maybe a kind of dream ?

Cedric.

Rachel Foster

Ok, I have to give my two cents. I prefer the original. Wider crop, Asher, wider crop! (Sorry, couldn't resist teasing a little. But I do like the wider crop best.)