• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

portrait

1. Antonio Correia

Young boy

In the bustling streets of India, a 14-year-old boy walks with a heavy heart. Amidst the cacophony of poverty, he carries the burden of his family's struggles. His eyes, windows to a world of hardship, reflect the weight of unfulfilled dreams. Surrounded by the stark reality of a low-income...
  2. Asher Kelman

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Portraits in Natural Light

This is Marcella, wonderful person I met about a decade back and have worked with her, on and off since! This wasn’t even a portrait session. She was visiting and we were about to have some English tea as is my custom late afternoon! Asher Kelman: “Marcella Visits” Share you own ad hoc or...
  3. Jarmo Juntunen

Merry Effing Xmas

I've joined a local photo club and went yesterday with a fellow photographer, Mr Janne Lehti, to get some unusual Christmas pictures at our studio. Here are the results. Merry Effing Xmas #1 Merry Effing Xmas #2
  4. Asher Kelman

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Casual Portraits in natural light!

At the mall, as a tourist or at social gatherings we meet new people! Here at an exhibition for the like of Andy Warhol! .
  5. Benwulfphotography

New to the forum

Hey hey, my name is Ben Wulf and I'm a portrait photographer based in Greenwich in SE London. I shall commence having a nose round the forum now! BWx
  6. Jarmo Juntunen

Studio with Laura and Manu the cat

A few studio snaps after my lenghty absence. Finally, the less-than-impressed furry model
  7. Chris Calohan

The Face of Cancer

Several months back, one of my dearest friends found out she had one of the most aggressive breast cancers a woman can get, Triple Negative. She's a trooper and has managed a positive outlook. I have yet to see her down, though I know there is a great deal of fear trembling within her. If there...
  8. Antonio Correia

A believer taking a rest

One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited is Palitana. At the long descent I met many people.
  9. Antonio Correia

Portrait

I shot this man a couple of months ago and now while reviewing some shots I have worked on this one. He was inside a mill where we bought flour to make our own bread
  10. kasiasfotogalerie

Some portrait photo's taken last weekend

Wanted to share some portrait photo's I made last weekend incl. my first ever low key portrait. I am a starting photographer so please go easy on me ;) Can't wait to see more of the work you guys make and to learn from you all! Portretfotografie
  11. Jerome Marot

Photographic Gems of Our Times From The Web Citizens Of Kyiv by Alexander Chekmenev

A series of portraits of inhabitants of Kiev, taken by Ukrainian photographer Alexander Chekmenev with a Pentax 645z and originally published in the New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/03/18/magazine/ukraine-war-kyiv.html Alternative link with the same images...
  12. Antonio Correia

May 2013 - book editor

13. Jarmo Juntunen

Smile is overrated

Some folks around here might remember my youngest, Laura. Well, she is no longer into everything pink and fluffy.
  14. M

Ken & Earnest

At a favourite restaurant. “The Madhouse” is a former bank known for images of mad folk, a good selection of beer, and the widest range of whisky in town. My good friend Ken poses alongside Earnest. Note the similarity despite differences in age. Cheers, Mike
  15. Will Thompson

On a fun note Lighting for “BEAUTIFUL” people

How and why for best results? Please post examples.
  16. M

Art Appreciation 101

“One's assessment of an object must be free and unhampered, with nothing between you and the object. You must look directly at it. To decide that a particular piece must be valuable because it is by a particular artist is weak and demeaning. Your assessment only gains meaning when you look at...
  17. Tom dinning

Washedat

Never let your wife wash your hat. It’s been my constant companion for 12 years and never seen the inside of a washing machine. Only rain to rinse and sunlight to disinfect. It has seen my hair come and go; and stay gone. It has been sat on, shat on, eaten from, beaten with, written on, rose...
  18. James Lemon

Auto Face & Eye Detection

19. Jim Olson

My attempt at portraits

Lars (my child) & I went out to take portraits. I have been trying to Dodge & Burn this image since we got home yesterday. I was hoping for overcasts sky but no luck. And the bright sun & shadows are not making it very easy for me. I have tried many times using GIMP but I just can't get it correct.
  20. P

18 year old girl with hazel eyes

What do you think. Picture taken with Canon 5d4 + Canon EF 85 1.4 L IS