• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

dxo

1. Cem_Usakligil

DxO Photo Lab 4 noise reduction (DeepPrime)

Yesterday, DxO has announced the latest version of PL, which is PL4. This has a so-called DeepPrime noise reduction mode which works (according to DxO) directly on the not yet demosaiced raw file and does the noise reduction and demosaicing in one go. I have been testing it using a range of my...
  2. Asher Kelman

DXO claims revolutionary new offering for our picture!

So what is DXO announcing this Thursday as a major breakthrough in photography, here? Is it just image enhancement as using a Perfect Picture by On 1 software or Topaz or is it something new with photoconpositing? Asher
  3. M

News: We all love a Freebie

Sony is giving out a freebie until the end of the month. It is DxO FilmPack 3 Essential Edition, It is not the latest edition, but hey, it's free and we all love a Freebie, right? You simply add your email for the activation code to be sent to you and the download is already available on...
  4. Asher Kelman

Use of XRite Color Checking Target with Non-Adobe RAW Processing Software

XRite as a wonderfully worked out automatic color checker, using essentially a pocket version of the Gretag Macbeth color chart, (at least that's what it appears to be) and software. The latter locates the different color squares on the chart in the test picture taken at the time of the shoot...
  5. C

DXO Launches Image Quality Site

http://www.dxomark.com/ I have a healthy amount of skepticism that one rating number will be even partially useful because image quality can be dramatically affected by firmware updates. Most of my criterion for choosing a particular camera is usability and feature sets these days. The quality...