• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

nikon

1. S

Nikon SB700 Flash kit

Nikon SB700 Flash Kit Price: $150.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear Shipping instructions: TBD -complete kit minus box and warranty sheet (thus the reduction to 9+) -operates with all current Digital Nikons with a flash shoe including the Z9 contact...
  2. P

News: Point and Shoot Cameras are Basically Dead

https://petapixel.com/2022/08/08/point-and-shoot-cameras-are-basically-dead/ Almost every major camera manufacturer has either openly discontinued its point-and-shoot line of cameras or has not produced a new one in many years, according to a new report. In short, smartphones have all...
  3. P

Last in stock DSLRs bodies

These are the last DSLRs still on stock. Prices are for US$ body-only as listed on BH Photo Canon 2020 Canon EOS Rebel T8i (EOS 850D / EOS Kiss X10i) $899 2020 Canon EOS-1D X Mark III $6,499 2019 Canon EOS 90D $1,199 2019 Canon EOS Rebel SL3 (EOS 250D / EOS Kiss X10) $649 2017 Canon EOS...
  4. P

News: CIPA: Less than 7 million cameras have shipped from Jan-Oct 2020

https://www.dpreview.com/news/5597577347/cipa-s-october-report-shows-camera-market-has-mostly-recovered-from-its-covid-19-downturn And I personally expect November-December 2020 to not ship more than 2 million digital still cameras (DSC). A grand total of less than 9 million DSC shipped...
  5. J

Astro adaptor or manufacturer convertor

I have a Skywatcher telescope with a Nixon adapter. I now want to use a Canon on the telescope. Do I buy an adapter for Canon for the telescope or a convertor so I can use my Nikon 2x convertor with the Canon?
  6. James Lemon

Immature Red-Winged Blackbird

7. Kevin Pinkerton

Dreaming....

I had some fun yesterday playing with the aperture and focus of a new (to me lens). I took photos of reflections on puddles, streams and a pond and had a very, very difficult time choosing which ones to share. Both of these images are 100% water reflections that have been rotated 180 degrees to...
  8. S

Nikon TC14E II Teleconverter

Nikon TC14E II Teleconverter Price: $230.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Shipping instructions: TBD -in pristine condition due to lack of use. -includes all original packaging -did its job very well when used displayed price for a sale in...
  9. Bear Dale

Male King Parrot

Male King Parrot Scientific name: Alisterus scapularis
  10. Bear Dale

Rainbow Lorikeet

Rainbow Lorikeet Cracking a sunflower seed Scientific name: Trichoglossus moluccanus
  11. Bear Dale

Short-billed Corella

Short-billed Corella Scientific name: Cacatua sanguinea
  12. Bear Dale

Long-billed Corella

Long-billed Corella Scientific name: Cacatua tenuirostris
  13. Bear Dale

Lean over here and I'll give you a little lovin' :)

Lean over here and I'll give you a little lovin' :)
  14. Bear Dale

Satin Bowerbird

Satin Bowerbird Sharing some of my mandarin with me :) Scientific name: Ptilonorhynchus violaceus
  15. J

Hello community

Hello guys, I'm Jeremy from London. I'm developer and enjoy photography and music. I currently have a Fujifilm Finepix SL300 and I'd like to upgrade to a DSLR. I've been looking at Nikon's and Canons and have decided that my budget is around £500 pounds for everything including the lenses. Can...
  16. D

Rest above, play below

At a very up-market shopping complex (artificially so), late on a Saturday afternoon, my eye was caught by a group of workers / cleaners that sat on the upper level, juxtaposed by a bottom-level play-arcade for kids, with a very impatient woman in diagonal opposition to the tired workers above...
  17. D

Chap

full size
  18. J

Question regarding the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR

I'm looking at buying this lens as a bridge until I can get the 70-200mm f/2.8 monster. My question is no so much about the lens (although any input is welcome) but about the pricing at B&H. They have it listed twice, one as imported, one not. The imported one is almost a hundred dollars...
  19. D

Capture NX2

I put this here because it is the most logical place of all for Nikonites to find and contribute. As everybody now knows, Capture NX2 is a major update for Nikon's own image processing software and available for use since last week. Since I have been a big fan of Capture NX I immediately...