• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

sunset

1. Asher Kelman

Dusk Skies in Los Angeles

It was late! I visited my son, but could hardly leave the street. as I was mesmerized by the sky! Asher Kelman: “Dusk, Visiting My Son”
  2. Doug Kerr

A sunset optical iliusion

In this image shot by Carla's son Larry from his favorite vantage point here in Alamogordo, N.N (the parking lot of the Walmart Neighborhood Market): Lawrence R. Henry: Sunset optical illusion Edited by Douglas A. Kerr one is tempted tho think that the lower edge of the bright area is the...
  3. P

Show us your best sunsets….

Let’s see your best sunset pictures. 2011 Las Piñas-Parañaque Critical Habitat by Paolo Dolina, on Flickr
  4. Will Thompson

Crescent moon sunset with palm trees

5. Robert Watcher

Sunset Silhoutte

6. Robert Watcher

Lake Huron Sunset

A unique cloud cover as the sun was setting tonight Anne took a pic of me from behind without me knowing
  7. Robert Watcher

Painting the skies with Livecomp

Painting the skies with Livecomp (a feature unique to all Olympus micro four-thirds cameras). E-M10 w/14-42 kit lens - 100ISO with 3 to 10 minute exposures. Wirelessly transferred to iPad and processed with Snapseed app.
  8. Chris Calohan

Sunset 11-5

9. Robert Watcher

Lone Bird at Sunset

Lone Bird at Sunset
  10. Chris Calohan

A Rainy Night in Florida

11. Robert Watcher

Sunset - Moonrise

Looking to the west, the sun sunk below the horizon around 8:16pm. Turning 180 degrees and waiting until around 9:00pm, the Blue/Sturgeon moon rose from the East - following Saturn, then Jupiter. Neptune followed in the arc, but was not visible to the human eye.
  12. Chris Calohan

After the Sun Sets B&W

13. Robert Watcher

Secluded Beach

A few pics from one location along a river bank, with my camera pointed to the west, were a few stragglers wandered back and forth on a sand causeway where the river flows into Lake Huron. I used two lenses with zoom ranges 22mm (35mm equivalent) to 600mm (35mm equivalent)
  14. R

Sunset over Middleton Moor

15. Asher Kelman

Shadows on the back of a girl

At a restaurant last night people were celebrating access to many restaurants. I noticed that back of one diner shadows from the string sun! Asher Kelman: “Girl with Blue-Jeans” Asher
  16. Robert Watcher

Sun just before heading below the horizon

Sun just before heading below the horizon. Anne and drove to lonely spot on a hill overlooking the lake this evening. I took along my newly delivered Olympus EM1 mkii to familiarize myself with while sitting on a bench with frozen fingers. This pic is shot with a 600mm equivalent lens...
  17. M

The first sunsh-t of 2021…

Yes, I said “sunsh-t” because this is a sorry mess. Welcome to the new year! May you find an unspoiled landscape to photograph. This was in the LA area.
  18. M

Winter window sunsets

A few views out the window this week. Don't know what I’d do without this western view during lockdown!
  19. M

If humans were in charge of sunsets...

...you'd get this (tonight in LA). Part of my Covid-Capture series (out the bedroom window!).