• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

medium format

1. P

Fuji GFX Camera FujiFILM GFX is going after Full Frame & smaller camera users

In future I would not be surprised that FujiFILM GFX medium format bodies will hit these price points occupied by full frame bodies $4k - 2016 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II - 2021 Fujifilm GFX 50S II ($3.5k summer promo price) $3.9k - 2020 Canon EOS R5 $3.7k - 2019 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R $3.5k...
  2. D

Two painterly images in colour - Rolleiflex Hy6

From an outing in the Waterberg region a few hours' drive from my home - two images where the vast majority is out of focus, concentrating on the abstract and the colours while focusing on a single detail. Perhaps a bit clichéd, but I have to say, few camera and lens combinations deliver these...
  3. Jerome Marot

New MF cameras announced.

Fuji has announced the new GFX 100 MF camera, basically a large GFX 50s with a 100 Mpix sensor. It also includes on-sensor PDAF and in-body stabilisation, which is a first for any MF camera. There is an ongoing review on Dpreview. Price should be around 10000 ($ or €, as it usually goes)...
  4. Jerome Marot

Review: Hasselblad HTS 1.5

HTS stands for Hasselblad Tilt and Shift. As the name says, it is an adapter to allow tilt and shift on the Hasselblad H system. Physically, it is a relatively clumsy contraption that attaches between your Hasselblad body (H system, not the V system that went on the moon) and lens. I said...
  5. K

News: Leaf AFi Nears Death

According the this British Journal of Photography article the Leaf AFi product is "on hold" in the wake of Franke & Heidecke's demise. The ongoing consolidation of the medium format sector continues.