• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Action or behavior of animals, creatures, (& carnivorous plants), of the wild!

Dave Butcher

Good shots, David!

Just imagine this scaled up to just 4 times the size and it could eat a dog or lamb!

We are only seeing the small versions of these elegant beasts!

Asher

The Great Blue Heron Stands 36 to 54 inches (head to tail) and has a wing span of 66 to 79 inches. They are a somewhat opportunistic feeder. This one surprised me at the fact that it went after a mole and actually ate it. I did some research after taking these photos and found out that this is not unusual for these birds. Thank you for the comments Asher.

Asher,

There were eight of us in two of these:

original.jpg

It is engine-deep in water! Could you drive out in it?

Reginald

adamsmith

A couple of images from earlier this year - couldn't help but join in the fun here (not for voting).

What A Day I'm Having! - Sculpin vs Pied-billed Grebe (Ding Darling NWR, FL):

1D2_02678.jpg

Osprey Mating - Blue Cypress Lake, FL:

1D2_02584.jpg

Best,

I really like both images.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wonderful picture!

I have been trying to search on the web for “exploding moth” but so many folk are posting about “exploding in a mouth” that moth is dropped from the search.

I found exploding suicidal ants but not moths!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Peter,

That’s downright amazing!

Not exactly P.C.

“No means no!” Screamed the lizard in vain!

Asher

Antonio Correia

We have been to Kanha National Park, India back in March 2020 just before the start of C19, looking for tigers when this jackal came in a hurry down the hill with food in his mouth. I took a few shots from the back of the SUV as he ran to the other side of the road.

2020-03-04%4008.48.03-2-Edit-X4.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

We were in Kanha National Park, India back in March 2020 just before the start of C19, looking for tigers when this jackal came in a hurry down the hill with food in his mouth. I took a few shots from the back of the SUV as he ran to the other side of the road.

Simpl awesome!

Great you were ready or you’d have missed this!

8F5660C7-FE26-40EB-8985-46805C8A42C9.jpeg

What was the victim before it gave its life to the Jackel? Is it a torn of part of a larger prey?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Why can I see some pictures and not others?
Willie, again welcome to our group!

Sorry some older links are broken.

Yes that so disappointing. I will do my best to get those links repaired! This thread is worth the effort!

In most instances, images linked to external commercial servers which shut down, were lost!

In some cases, these get repaired, one at a time, when I discover broken links and the photographer sends them to me to safely upload on our own server.

Don’t be discouraged! Images you share by using the “attach files” button below the posting dialog box, will be safe!

Asher

Asher Kelman

A lot of weight to lift and to carry!

Elephants sometimes stand each side of a female to buttress her during the process!

Asher

Will Thompson

IMG_9653.jpeg

Wild turtles sunning themselves at the Garden Grove Civic Center pond.

If you walk too close they will dive in one by one in sequence like a synchronized swimming team.

Doug Kerr

View attachment 11215

Wild turtles sunning themselves at the Garden Grove Civic Center pond.

If you walk too close they will dive in one by one in sequence like a synchronized swimming team.
Hi, Will,

I would have put this at the top of my response, but the OPF message editing system won't let me do it conveniently. (And I'm too old to want to spend the time to do it the way I could.).

0AD45FCF-9C96-4914-8DB6-A60345D70991.jpeg

In any case, that is a precious shot. Thanks so much.

Best regards,

Doug