• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Bordeaux: over the river in helicopter" Making of

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Wanna fly?
Wanna see what a 645 Z can do in bad conditions (low light, high vibration helicopter)?
We were not allowed to fly lower than 500 feet. Nor over the city.

Watch out!
With a Pentax 645 Z

https://vimeo.com/123711528

A film shot and edited by Romain Claris

A crop at 100%
crop.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Nice to see your face again and the sights of Bordeaux. I am glad that you are enjoying your 645Z. Great film by Romain, as usual.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wanna fly?
Wanna see what a 645 Z can do in bad conditions (low light, high vibration helicopter)?
We were not allowed to fly lower than 500 feet. Nor over the city.

Watch out!
With a Pentax 645 Z

https://vimeo.com/123711528

A film shot and edited by Romain Claris

A crop at 100%
crop.jpg

Of course this is beautiful. It was always expected of you. However, this seems to have extra bite than the images taken with the Canon cameras. Could be my romanticizing the wonderful new 645Z!

What lens did you use for this.

Have you experience with the Pentax smc FA 75mm f/2.8 or the Pentax smc FA 645 55-110mm f/5.6 Lenses?

Thanks so much for sharing this stunning view and the video!

Asher

nicolas claris

However, this seems to have extra bite than the images taken with the Canon cameras. Could be my romanticizing the wonderful new 645Z!
Asher

Well I don't know with which Canon you compare… but anyway a 44x33 mm sensor is of course superior to a 24x36mm one…

For most of these shot I used the very good 55mm.

Have you experience with the Pentax smc FA 75mm f/2.8 or the Pentax smc FA 645 55-110mm f/5.6 Lenses?
Nope, I'm not fan of zoom lens… Primes are so much better!
However the 75 should be on my test list…

nicolas claris

At 00:46 seconds in the movie, I think I am seeing a 80-160mm.

You're right Jerome! good observation ; )

During the shoot I also used a 25, a 90 and a 300mm!
But the 55 was the one I used most.
Beside vibrations (I use to fly with Robinson 44, this time was an Ecureuil (made by Eurocopter).
This is a very good machine but heavier and full of power…

Also the minimum height we were allowed to fly was 500 feet which is quite high considering that we where not allowed to fly over the other side river bank…
Of course zenithal shot were easy but trying to get some perspective to the location wasn't so…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, it is due to the fact that the video was displayed (shared) on the Bordeaux city FB page and most of the Ricoh FB pages… then from there shared more than 200 times on followers fb pages.
It helps!

Congrats, Nicolas!

First class professional work gets this far and further! I like knowing someone famous! You deserve this exposure.

Asher

nicolas claris

Thank you Asher
To be known and famous on the Internet nowadays, you need to have viewes by millions, not rho thousands!
Yoûll have to wait a bit more ; )