• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grab Portraits Challenge: Fast Grab- Portaits: No lights, no reflectors.

fahim mohammed

Very close...

i-FgppPWF-XL.jpg

Natural light posed portrait.
i-zsq68Tg-X2.jpg

Super images.

Excellent work Antonio.

Best regards.

Antonio Correia

It looks like she is about to drink coffee ! :)

Now that I see the image in the monitor it seems to me that it really is superb. The light is very beautifull !
Very well captured ! :)

She looks very happy and healthy! I agree with, Antonio; the light is beautiful and you captured a really nice expression on her face too.
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think it misses a flash on his shoulders and head.
Next time.
I have to buy a light stand. :)

i-tkRkfnb-XL.jpg

Don't worry about the lighting faults that you wish you could have corrected. It's like a mother wondering why her newborn has a tiny birthmark on the back of it's bottom! This picture shows a man's posture and reminds me of August Sander's portraits, and they were not "Rembrands" either!

Asher

Asher Kelman

If Sander were alive today, he'd want to visit with you and would no doubt settle down in Setubal to capture the denizens there too! For sure the two of you would have had a great friendship!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Excellent pose and attitude! You do have a distinctive way of having people pose for you. I wonder whether you'd get to visit Brazil or Portuguese East Africa or else Goa and look at the denizens there. I'd like to know how different they'd be to you.

I was impressed in Mozambique how non-racist the people were. I wish we'd be that accepting. Now in Goa, you might find it's different as the Church was pretty hard on the native Indian inhabitants.

Asher

Asher Kelman

This was earlier that night in a musty bar. Edit: f1.4 1/30th 3200 50mm manual white balance because of some neon lights.

IMG_2374_zps67629f71.jpg

-Adrian

Adrian,

I had copied this way back on to my hard drive, but forgotten that detail, and was wondering where I shot this! I was convinced that I had taken it, as I thought I remembered the people. That shows how memory can get altered by photography. Of course, now I realize that I just have loved this picture from the first time you posted your picture, Adrian!

I really dread to think of the veracity of testimony after many years!

Asher Kelman

I had the fortune of Kate visiting. The light was just right:

_R080393_Kate Sitting.JPG

Asher Kelman:Kate in White

Ricoh GR 2014

Asher

Antonio Correia

Indeed a very nice and well done portrait, Asher.

The model has a fantastic expression and the overall white areas enhance her face and legs in a somehow sensual posture.

I also like the window and the light reflection on top of the frame.

You are lucky to have such nice and gorgeous models :)

Asher Kelman

Indeed a very nice and well done portrait, Asher.

The model has a fantastic expression and the overall white areas enhance her face and legs in a somehow sensual posture.

I also like the window and the light reflection on top of the frame.

You are lucky to have such nice and gorgeous models :)

Antonio,

My fortune here is the complete trust she has in having her pictures taken and that's what allows her to be so as ease. When one person trusts like that, it's indeed a privilege to be able to point a camera and store some of that magic to share with you.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, you know I generally do not comment on nude and semi-nude photographs. In this instance however, you have made use of the lighting and ( goes without saying ) a lovely person to produce a very engaging portrait.

But would you call this a grab shot?

Regards.

Asher Kelman

Asher, you know I generally do not comment on nude and semi-nude photographs. In this instance however, you have made use of the lighting and ( goes without saying ) a lovely person to produce a very engaging portrait.

But would you call this a grab shot?

Regards.

Thanks so much for the visit. Actually, Fahim, she was there that day to help me with sorting "stuff" to make room for a printer…I just had to get that shot too! …..and there's a chaperone, always!

Asher