• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I'm Getting Antsy

Peter Dexter

For a number of years now I've been using a Canon 7D ll for my bird photography with a Canon 400 5.6 (I would consider popping for much more expensive glass if it met one criteria: as light or lighter than my current lens but not available to my knowledge.) I was delighted by the announcement of Canon's new duo and thought well lets go, lighter weight and higher pixel count. But then I looked around on some forums and was told no, not a good idea. Wait for a Canon 7D lll. The new duo don't have the same or better focusing ability as the 7D ll. Any thoughts on this?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
To me, what counts the most, to justify the camera is lightweight long-reach telephoto lenses!

Yes, the pro bodies, DSLR or mirrorless provide more advanced AF, but the 7DII is already stellar.

Otherwise your camera is perfect!

Asher