• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Spring Crocus

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Spring has just arrived here....

46380725754_2f75cc2db8_o.jpg

40139672343_eea974b3c5_o.jpg

Shot using a Rubinar 4.5/300mm mirror lens...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This one of our yearly spring treats, Klaus!

40139672343_eea974b3c5_o.jpg

...... and We aren’t disappointed one iota!

Without the soft background, we’d not get that wonder of the earth waki from its winter sleep!

Asher

Asher Kelman

As to the Rubinar f4.5, 300 mm, I was surprised thatcwhile one is advertised forcsome $900 on EBay, one can get the lens new from Russia at about $265!

I wonder how this lens compares to Chinese and Vivitar or older Minolta or Canon mirror lenses?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Last edited:

Peter Dexter

Lovely bokeh. I used Tokina 500mm and 1000mm mirror lenses in the eighties for my first bird pictures.They certainly were the most economical telephoto options.

Asher Kelman

Peter Dexter wrote: “Lovely bokeh. I used Tokina 500mm and 1000mm mirror lenses in the eighties for my first bird pictures.They certainly were the most economical telephoto options.”

Peter,

Do you still have them? Would love to see a thread devoted to Mirror lens-wildlife shots.

Hmm, bride and groom in a wedding? Could be very nice!

Asher