• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thalima, a beautiful 110' (33 meters) sailing cutter

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Last week I posted 2 images of a Moon rise over Saint-Tropez (here)

I thought you might enjoy a few pics shot on that same day of Thalima, a beautiful 110’ (33 meters) sailing cutter…
Due to budget, all models are amateurs…

All shot with a Pentax K1 (to give some rest to the 645Z! ; )

_NCK3368.jpg

Enjoying being on board

_NCK3406.jpg

Leaving the mooring

_NCK3427.jpg

On the foredeck

_NCK3503.jpg

Behind the Helmsman

_NCK3467.jpg

Thursty!

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My goodness, Nicolas,

She is such a delight. Youth and a yacht and genuine French Champagne!

_NCK3863.jpg

Champagne!​

I am moved, no I am in love!

Asher

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

_NCK3427.jpg

On the foredeck​

The boat is leaning over to the right and she alone is balancing it. Now that is formidable!

Can we see the entire sail?

Asher

Asher Kelman

I see one can rent one with a crew of 5 and 8 guests! They even do Kosher food and can accommodate nudes on request!

Perfect.

I saw the price of $65,000 and thought that was a bargain, until I noted "plus expenses" so that was not to buy the boat, LOL. Assuming $15,000 for expenses, then the cost would be just $10,000 per person which is really not bad for this luxury!

Asher

nicolas claris

Can we see the entire sail?

Asher

Sorry, no, mast is to high to be shot from onboard, I would have needed to be on a chase boat or helicopter…
Would have then needed a second day of shooting, but the purpose of the assignment was only lifestyle on board…
You may "only" see the boat anchored, shot from a dinghy, note the size of the people on the aft…

_NCK3732.jpg

Last edited:

nicolas claris

More!

Are you hungry?

_NCZ0249.jpg

Breakfast

_NCZ0244.jpg

Breakfast

_NCZ0347.jpg

Lunch time

_NCZ0407.jpg

Relax!

_NCZ0442.jpg

Ready for a nap under the sun

_NCZ0448.jpg

Or some good read​

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

These are superb pictures, and just what I would expect if one has the good fortunate to live the dream of St Tropez. This is far better than the beach. There are cabins for resting and the wind and sun on deck and a crew of 5 to serve us.

I love all your work here. Where does one look, the table layout with the amazing fruit arrangement or the bustle and comraderie of folk around the table. It has a pulse ond verve. Exactly what any serious company would want to represent such a fine yacht.

_NCZ0249.jpg

Nicolas Claris:Breakfast

_NCZ0407.jpg

Nicolas Claris:Relax!

But I must choose this next one! It has it all.

_NCZ0442.jpg

Nicolas Claris: Ready for a nap under the sun

I picked this picture, as it shows the simple pastime of relaxing and leaving behind all the stresses of life. Make the expense of luxury worth every cent!

But you woke her up! Still she is lovely and you captures her beauty very well on the architectural setting of the deck.

Asher

nicolas claris

Hi, Asher,

To our right, as we see it, looking sternward.

But perhaps not surprising for a woman of such manifest potency!

Best regards,

Doug

Well Doug and Asher, maybe that the 32,200 Kg/70,989 Lbs of ballast situated 4 meters below the water line help more that this light weight lady to stabilise the boat… :)
FYI the boat displacement (± weight is 77,700 Kg/171,299 Lbs)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,

Well Doug and Asher, maybe that the 32,200 Kg/70,989 Lbs of ballast situated 4 meters below the water line help more that this light weight lady to stabilise the boat… :)
FYI the boat displacement (± weight is 77,700 Kg/171,299 Lbs)

Well, it never hurts to have gravity on one's side.

Especially when standing above the metacenter.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Nope, sorry, it was a one day shoot for "lifestyle" onboard only…
But I can sure you that it is large enough to have 4 people working there…

Well, I still have to sell half a kidney to get the $64,000 to rent the beautiful yacht for a family cruise! You can pay for the gasoline!

BTW, can the cabin be locked waterproof from the inside if the weather is very rough and one has to pull down the sails and tie them up tight?

Asher

nicolas claris

Well, I still have to sell half a kidney to get the $64,000 to rent the beautiful yacht for a family cruise! You can pay for the gasoline!

BTW, can the cabin be locked waterproof from the inside if the weather is very rough and one has to pull down the sails and tie them up tight?

Asher

Well then, the whole kidney (what's the difference?) and go for a 2 weeks charter!

This is a large yacht, only in hurricane you completely set the sails off and tied!
Of course the all boat is completely waterproof :)