• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thread about the update.

Antonio Correia

Thank you
Screenshot%202019-03-04%20at%2014.48.49%20copy-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Please add any needs are suggestions to our style and programming folk here and I will get them attended to ASAP.

Thanks for your help!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
On the right top of each thread there are 2 buttons: "Jump to New" and "Watch"
Yesterday, after Asher's post #65 (just above) I clicked on "Watch" and checked "and received an email notification"
Right after Asher's post # 66 a few minutes ago I received an emailed notification…

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Thanks!

I have corrected a lot of glitches. Still getting consistency, for example availability of attach images options throughout the forum and ability to edit for at least 60 minutes.

Need to see how to move or remove posts!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Peter,

Could you send me the URLs of any threads/posts you cannot access.

Then I can check that versus permissions in the various nodes of the forum. I am able to see what permissions you have but not see what you see.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I am going through the forum permissions which is a very long tedious job.

I am trying to find a “master” node to allow me to use one universal set of permissions.

So far I have corrected those sections which folk point to having issues.

Asher

Jerome Marot

I would like to report a bug about forum e-mail.

All the e-mail sent by the forum (to inform me about new responses, etc...) ends up in my spam folder. I found out why. The Return-Path: and From: fields point to Asher's mail (****7@mac.com) while they should point to e.g. no-reply@openphotographyforums.com.

Maybe the Message-ID: field should also be tweaked. At present it points to www.openphotographyforums.com, while the www is probably not necessary. Example:
Message-ID:<cac657ad5aea23fe1898dd3897b2c84d@www.openphotographyforums.com> (but old messages had the same Message-ID field and did not end up in my spam folder).

If needed, I can send the headers of an old message and of a new message.

Bump! This bug is still present.

Asher Kelman

I am going to alter the circuitry of “permissions” to have a uniform appropriate fixed set for everyone who is a “registered member” an “administrator” or “moderator” respectively. This will be applied to all forums.

Also I have requested an opinion on the labeling and directioning of your email notifications, as suggested by you, Jerome.

Inform me of any new issues.

Thanks for you perseverance and support.

Asher

Michael Nagel

I do like the dark theme, but I suggest to use the signature color of OPF even less within the Dark OPF style.
Otherwise I am still getting familiar...

Asher Kelman

Michael can you perhaps do a screenshot and edit it to the colors you recommend and let’s see it and any other wishes.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Look at the “Dark OPF” versus the “Dark” style option.

Youvwill now see the beautiful original OPF logo made by Claris Images or Bordeaux in 2006 has been updated for a dark b.g. Color scheme. I hope you all love it as much as I do!

This style version is also very kind to the eyes and allows the images to appear brighter as the eyes are accommodated to the dark text and pupils let in more light!

I so appreciate all the feedback.

Asher

Doug Kerr

I think the "Dark OPF" style is very pretty.

But I am not myself attracted to the use of a style with a black background.

I understand the notion that, in general, the posted images are best displayed on a back background. But I don't subscribe to it.

Mais, à chacun son égout.

You say, with regard to the "Dark OPF" style (color mine):

This style version is also very kind to the eyes and allows the images to appear brighter as the eyes are accommodated to the dark text and pupils let in more light!

Of course, the actual text is not dark, but white. I guess you mean "the text areas".

As to my pupils "letting in more light", they will of course open, but the total amount of "light" (luminous flux) they admit is still probably less (owing to the much lower average luminance of the screen).

In what way this style is "kind to the eyes" I'm not sure.

Best regards,

Doug

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I am working on

1. Collapsing by fusion some of the many separate fora, as today, the differences between different bodies are mostly taste and existing lens investments rather than gaps in technology or resolution.

2. Planning an image database galleries for everyone and each photographer having their own preferences for sharing, showcasing and even perhaps selling prints.
Curating that will be a challenge to be “open and fair” as anything sold will represent us all as a group, as in a group exhibition.

If we have galleries to showcase your work and stores your images, I plan to provide at least 9 years of prepaid, (as best as I can), “reliable” bullet proof storage, so you can feel fairly secure, without me being personally liable for an earthquake destroying a server!

3. I may add a capability to edit and markup images for discussion.

4. I am considering, (as a small “social glue” trial), the ability to add collaborative drawings, design, chess, checkers and other socially connective casual games to OPF.

Anyone interested?

Asher

Asher Kelman

I think the "Dark OPF" style is very pretty.

But I am not myself attracted to the use of a style with a black background.

I understand the notion that, in general, the posted images are best displayed on a back background. But I don't subscribe to it.

“back background”? ..... you don’t like it? Me neither, ?

Doug and everyone,

Now’s the time for ideas!

If you do a screen shot and in Photoshop or elsewhere add arrows with different colors, within limits of esthetics, it could become a new style option.

We intend to cater for different tastes as long as it does not require reprogramming from scratch.

However, even that is completely on the table for any great new ideas. We are open to any dedigns that deliver a more enjoyable user experience.

Right now, we need requests and those that are immediately do able will be implemented in the next days and week!

Again thanks for continued guidance and support!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Look at the “Dark OPF” versus the “Dark” style option.

Youvwill now see the beautiful original OPF logo made by Claris Images or Bordeaux in 2006 has been updated for a dark b.g. Color scheme. I hope you all love it as much as I do!

I so appreciate all the feedback.

Asher
It is the same for the "Grey" style…

Asher Kelman

We have to manually update permissions for every forum and each member group. This is slow.

So in some fora, the “attach files” button may not be visible yet!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OK. That is why I couldn’t post in Landscape Travel this morning, likely - no option for uploading images.

——-
You can still use the 3rd icon to the upper right, (of the dialog box in a new post), the picture icon, to use the URL link to you image on some favorite server. It’s just the “attach files” alternative, that I need to make universal!

Asher