• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Regarding the 'prefix'

StuartRae

When I post an image I do so for two reasons:

1. To share it with those who may be interested.
2. To ask for comments and advice from those who are more 'qualified' than I am (that's most of you :) )

My opinion is that to post an image and not want C&C is arrogant; to demand C&C is impolite.

Regards,

Stuart

Cem_Usakligil

When I post an image I do so for two reasons:

1. To share it with those who may be interested.
2. To ask for comments and advice from those who are more 'qualified' than I am (that's most of you :) )

My opinion is that to post an image and not want C&C is arrogant; to demand C&C is impolite.

Regards,

Stuart
In which case, you can post without a prefix as you just have done with the sheep picture :).
The prefix "Critique desired" is not really a demand, BTW, is it? On a related note, many members think that "Just sharing" prefix is meant for the purpose you have mentioned under point 1: share it with those who might be interested. But specifically, it means that you do not want to have C&C unless it is a nice admiration in the passing. I guess we shall have to revisit our prefixes again. So let's summon our chief witch doctor to the rescue, lol.

Cheers,

Mike Shimwell

I tend not to use the Critique Desired prefix, unles I am wanting some specific input to a photo, but actually I am open to criticism and comment on everyhting I post. Constructive coment is always welcome.

If I post Just Sharing then I am not seeking riticism, but won't be upset if someone wishes to take the time and make the effort to comment.

Mike

StuartRae

Hi Cem,

........you can post without a prefix as you just have done with the sheep picture
Yes, that's probably the best solution. My sig says 'C&C welcome', so that should be enough.

The prefix "Critique desired" is not really a demand...
It sounds like it to me, but I'm a shy and retiring sort of bloke :)

Hi Mike,

I tend not to use the Critique Desired prefix, unles I am wanting some specific input to a photo, but actually I am open to criticism and comment on everyhting I post.
That's the point I was trying to make.

Thanks chaps.

Regards,

Stuart

StuartRae

Hi Winston,

Asking for critique, having more than a hundred views, and getting nothing is downright discouraging.
It happens to all of us, and it's why I left OPF for several months; I just got ****** off with the numbing apathy. It's rather sad that only a very few of the thousands of members bother.

Equally dispiriting are the members (mentioning no names, but you can guess who you are) who make serial posts without ever commenting on other people's images.

I'm probably as guilty as anyone else, but I do try to comment on images that interest me.

Regards,

Stuart

Cem_Usakligil

Asking for critique, having more than a hundred views, and getting nothing is downright discouraging.
Hi Winston,

This is a bad situation indeed and could be very discouraging. If it is any consolation, it happens to all of us myself included. I presume you were referring to this post of yours? It has been posted during my summer holidays and I have not seen it when I came back a few weeks later. It gets pushed down the recent post links and I do not proactively look back for more that a week or so. But my "excuse" is just that, it still doesn't make it right for the 100+ others who have decided not to comment. In any case, my apologies and I am going to comment immediately after this post.

Cheers,