• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stereographic projection in kitlens

hi!

i'm having a hard time following the tutorials on how to make a stereographic projection in a panorama image. because the tutorials use Wide angle lens. currently, i don't any wide angle lens. i only have 14-42mm and my camera is olympus (2x focal length multiplier)

can anyone gave me advice on creating nice stereographic projection photos? (little planets)

hi!

i'm having a hard time following the tutorials on how to make a stereographic projection in a panorama image. because the tutorials use Wide angle lens. currently, i don't any wide angle lens. i only have 14-42mm and my camera is olympus (2x focal length multiplier)

can anyone gave me advice on creating nice stereographic projection photos? (little planets)

Hi Benjamin,

You'll have to start with enough images to assemble a 360 degree horizontal x 180 degree vertical "spherical" panorama. Then instead of a normal projection, you use a stereographic projection method if your stitcher allows to select that, and adjust the viewpoint from horizontal, to vertical.

A scene with only a few vertical structures and a lot of sky, would usually work best.

For those who are wondering, here is an example (thanks to Wikipedia):
800px-Globe_panorama03.jpg

Cheers,
Bart