• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alternative Process: Create stitchless panorama online

Dorin Godja

Hi all.
I set up an online service for creating live (stitchless) panorama from 6 shoots with a fisheye lens on full frame camera or on crop camera.

If you are interested, please replay here then I'll setup a way to try free for a number of members of OPF

You need to have a DSLR camera with a fisheye lens (8..10 mm) and if camera is crop the orientation must be landscape.
the number of photos required are 6 for a single pano, one photo at every 60° of yaw, taked from
1. tripod+panoramic head
or
2. tripod
or
3. simply handheld , try to rotate around with about 60° from shot to shot as better as you can.

for an example of serie of such handhelded taked panoramas you can use this link
http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/fotovest24oct09/

Sorry for the crop up/down as I don't have a fullframe camera :(

cheers,
Dorin