• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Finding a Muse! Accidental sighting!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I often hear different folks approach to inspiration for one's work. I am driven by impulse, stopping to photograph trees or some street vendor. Only occasionally does one find a person who lights up like a neon sign, "photograph me"! Yesterday, coming back from shooting a pumpkin carving competition, yes I'll show pictures shortly, I spotted a young girl walking alone south on highland Avenue towards Calumet, my drop off for the lights I'd rented for an orchestra shoot. I passed her thinking what a pity, no way! Then an open parking space appears and I took it. She's Australian model and her name is Madelaine. She was kindly sporting enough to agree to a shoot. As the sun was overhead at 1 pm, I chose to tame the harsh light using the shadow of a locked up storefront.

_MG_9997_Crop.jpg

Asher Kelman: Madelaine Snap 1Canon 5DII, 50 1.2L at f2.2, 1/200 sec ISO 200

Hopefully, I'll find a nice location for a more planned and formal shoot.

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I often hear different folks approach to inspiration for one's work. I am driven by impulse, stopping to photograph trees or some street vendor. Only occasionally does one find a person who lights up like a neon sign, "photograph me"! Yesterday, coming back from shooting a pumpkin carving competition, yes I'll show pictures shortly, I spotted a young girl walking alone south on highland Avenue towards Calumet, my drop off for the lights I'd rented for an orchestra shoot. I passed her thinking what a pity, no way! Then an open parking space appears and I took it. She's Australian and her name is Madelaine.
She's a muse all right, fair dinkum!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

Sorry I have missed this thread earlier. I am traveling now and can't see the pic properly on my mobile phone. Will react when I'm back home.

Cheers,

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Asher

Looks like you've struck gold for your portfolio. These models aren't the most reliable, but maybe they make them better down under.

Asher Kelman

Enjoying OPF pictures on your "Mobile", "Cell Phone" or Starwars communicator, if you find one, is discussed in a new thread, here.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

Sorry I have missed this thread earlier. I am traveling now and can't see the pic properly on my mobile phone. Will react when I'm back home.

Cheers,
As promised earlier, here is my proper reaction. Madelaine is a great looking model and I am sure that she will photograph very well especially in a studio. I think that you have done well to tame the harsh noontime light. I guess you must have been kneeling to get this lower point of view looking up to her? So she then ended up looking down on you with eyes squinting just a little. But this is not a planned studio shoot and you have made the best of this impromptu situation. I am looking forward to seeing the follow up on this :).

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

So she then ended up looking down on you with eyes squinting just a little.

Yes, she's looking down, but not squinting. Her eyes seem a cross between European and ? Asian. i'll ask her. I'm not planning studio pictures right now, just available light.

Asher