• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: The Cosmos

I shot this Cosmos today. A simple, yet elegant flower.

16h88k2.jpg

I hope these two facets have been conveyed.

Conveyed indeed. What I like is how you let the image do the talking and got out of the way. Very easy for a shot to concentrate on the photographer instead of the subject. Beautifully done and quiet kudos to you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I shot this Cosmos today. A simple, yet elegant flower. I hope these two facets have been conveyed.

16h88k2.jpg

Wade Skinner: Cosmos

Wade,

This is just the way I love available light portraits, soft, delicate and understated like a beautiful young girl in a fine house who one incidentally sees when at some elegant families home. The same flower can exhibited sharply defined with every physical attribute advertised. Your approach is very satisfying and gives a far more subtle and understated disclosure of what is so precious and pretty.

Shooting from underneath, like this is a rarely used point of view and shows a photographer stalking the subject for a new angle of form composition and light capture. Excellent motivation and result.

Could you share more of this shoot. I'd highly recommend planning a series of such shots to unite your inner framework of expression in a substantial body of work as one picture is interesting but a series in convincing.

I express no negatives since right now, this is just my enjoyment while I savor my first cup of British tea this morning and I'm chilling!

Thanks for sharing.

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Wade

Lovely delicate shot of one of my favourite flowers.

We have masses of them in our garden every year, I love their delicacy, and the fact that they flower for several months.

I have many shots of them, also some shot from underneath as you have shown here, thank you for reminding me of the summer!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello Wade

Lovely delicate shot of one of my favourite flowers.

We have masses of them in our garden every year, I love their delicacy, and the fact that they flower for several months.

I have many shots of them, also some shot from underneath as you have shown here, thank you for reminding me of the summer!

Janet,

These are also easy to grow from the seeds the flowers produce. Great fun for kids! Show your pictures too!

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Hi Wade,

Just a quick reaction first ting in the morning.. This is a lovely shot, very gentle and quiet, with beautiful light and colour.

Mike

That's great Jan. Thanks for adding them to the "collection".

You've got some very colorful ones there.

With which lens did you shoot the bee photo?

Kind Regards

Wade Skinner