• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Social humor

Ruben Alfu

Here are some samples of scenes that mix socio-cultural issues with humor. Does it works for you?

safe_sex.jpg

Ruben Alfu: Safe Sex

spare_change.jpg

Ruben Alfu: Spare Change

betty_boop.jpg

Ruben Alfu: Poor Betty Boop​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The first two work but the last I'm slow on getting! Unless those guys with the Devil faces have a popup surprise for Betty!

WTD111509SUN.gif

What the Duck: with Permission​

Jerome Marot

I am not quite so sure it works for me, but humor is a cultural thing and I am not american. Interestingly, the site "safe sex in a bottle" exists.

The third image (Betty Boop) would benefit from more depth of field, I think. I like the opposition of colors (and message) in the second image, but I am less sure about the frame. Maybe you could have been a bit further away or used a landscape orientation or both. Or maybe have lowered your point of view a bit, I am not so sure.

Edit: I just noticed the date of the original post. I don't think answers are still needed...

Paul Abbott

Ruben, I like your last image of Betty Boop amongst those dogs and devils. have you thought about improving it with a square crop?

Ruben Alfu

Thanks so much my friends for the added humor, comments and suggestions!

Jerome, answers like these are always welcome!

Paul, I think you are right, a square or other tighter crop could be an improvement by focusing more the attention on Betty.

Thanks again everybody.

Ruben