• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photograph from the countryside of China

Keven Lee

Hello, friends...

This is my first time to post my photograph here. I am not sure whether my pictures are good enough....

This group was created by my D90+Zeiss 50 1.4

-------------------------------------------------------------------

the first one is Garlic.....

6573016.jpg

this pic is about cole flower and bee

6572992.jpg

country side way

6572979.jpg

purple flower

6572983.jpg

Ken Tanaka

pro member
All of the images look the same, Kevin. That's a pretty warm yellow lock but you should vary your position and subjects more.

(Just joking with you.)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here, for the record is the jpg called "fn_block" which replaces all Keven's images from China that have been served to OPF.

fn_block.jpg

The addresses are normal. I got this

6572992-1_A.jpg

Once you load those images, one by one, using a new browser window, you will have them in cache in your own computer. When you reload the OPF page, you might get the real images to load.

Try this in a new browser window:

http://img3.fengniao.com/album/upload/165/32865/6572992.jpg

What's happening, it seems, is that originally the images were not available from the server in China. They seem to be available in cache somewhere. Eventually, it might load when no one tries to access it for a while.

6572992.jpg

replacement image with feather

However, when the image is not called up by the OPF webpage, or recalled from somewhere else and blocked, it loads normally!

Asher

Keven Lee

All of the images look the same, Kevin. That's a pretty warm yellow lock but you should vary your position and subjects more.

(Just joking with you.)

Thanks for your reply, Ken...

U know, I just went out in the weeken, and try to record something for fun....

The countryside here is not broad, so I just could focus on those flowers and grass. ^_^

Next time, I'd like to share some pictures from the beach of Hainan province in China.

Keven Lee

Here, for the record is the jpg called "fn_block" which replaces all Keven's images from China that have been served to OPF.

Once you load those images, one by one, using a new browser window, you will have them in cache in your own computer. When you reload the OPF page, you might get the real images to load.

Try this in a new browser window:

http://img3.fengniao.com/album/upload/165/32865/6572992.jpg

What's happening, it seems, is that originally the images were not available from the server in China. They seem to be available in cache somewhere. Eventually, it might load when no one tries to access it for a while.

replacement image with feather

However, when the image is not called up by the OPF webpage, or recalled from somewhere else and blocked, it loads normally!

Asher

Hello, Asher

That link is available in China. Actually, FENGNIAO.com is the most famous photography forum in China, and I save all my pictures in the album which is provided by FENGNIAO. However, I just simply thought that the link from that album is available globally. So, some of u could see my pics, but others can not.

Could you please introduce any album, which is available for everyone, to me? I have tried the Google album and Yahoo album. Unfortunately, I can not accese to them neither. :(

Asher Kelman

It just appeared. Took a few seconds to arrive from China. I think it first has a vacation in the Phillipines! This is a dandelion held by a child. Very interesting composition. It would be nice to have the dandelion a CM or two higher in the picture. Having the face out of foucs and blurred is interesting. Then it vanished! Puff! The image is now gone!

Now it came back! funny, it seems to get lost!

Try making the pictures no more than 600 pixels wide or long. So the file will be smaller.

Send me the pictures, to

editor.opf

the website is

@mac.com

Asher

Asher Kelman

Keven,

I made your images a little smaller.

Here's the original

yzqxw7fv copysmall.jpg

Keven Lee: Girl with a Dandelion

Then, I tried to correct the color and sharpen the image a little

yzqxw7fv copy.jpg

Keven Lee: Girl with a Dandelion adjusted

Of course, I have no knowledge of what the color of her face should be, but is it right to you?

Asher

Asher Kelman

yzqxw7fv copy.jpg

Keven Lee: Girl with a Dandelion adjusted

Keven,

Should the picture be rotated like this?

What lens did you use with the Nikon D90?

Asher

Keven Lee

Keven,

I made your images a little smaller.

Here's the original

Of course, I have no knowledge of what the color of her face should be, but is it right to you?

Asher

Hello Asher.

The sharpened pic from u is much better than the original one. About the colour, I did not adjust the white balance on my D90, I just used the auto white balance. And, the time for this pic is sun set afternoon, so the face of girl and her cloth is a little yellow.

one more thing, that flower is a small wild chrysanthemum, not a dandelion。 :)

I have two lenses: Nikon 16-85 and Zeiss 50 1.4

This group is created by Zeiss lens